Top 5 Things to Know About San Diego Whale Watching Cruise and Maritime Museum Entry
- Aboard America: San Diego Whale Watching Cruise and Maritime Museum Entry invites guests to board the recently remodeled America, a 139-foot luxury sailing schooner. America was originally a 19th century racing yacht, which won the first America's Cup sailing trophy.
- Marine Life: The San Diego whale watching tour sails along the Pacific Ocean, giving guests the opportunity to see grey whales migrating off the San Diego shoreline, as well as other whales such as minke whales and fin whales. Guests are also likely to see a variety of dolphins from Risso's dolphins to bottle nose dolphins playing in the waves along with the California sea lions and seals.
- Environmentally Friendly: America runs without diesel fuel, making it a less noisy and more environmentally friendly vehicle. Also, because the vessel is not loud, the cruise can get closer to the whales and other marine animals without disturbing or scaring them away.
- Maritime Museum: In addition to sailing the seas with whales, the San Diego Whale Watching Cruise and Maritime Museum Entry grants guests with a same-day free pass into the Maritime Museum of San Diego. The Maritime Museum displays historic vessels from steam-powered boats to submarines. It is also home to the Star of India, the world's largest active sailing ship.
- Educational: Adults and children alike will enjoy the San Diego Whale Watching Cruise and Maritime Museum Entry adventure as passengers will learn about the grey whales of San Diego and the history behind the remodeled America while on board the racing yacht. They will also gain knowledge about other historic vessels such as the famous Star of India with their San Diego Maritime Museum pass.
San Diego Whale Watching Cruise and Maritime Museum Entry provides an educational experience and insight into the history of San Diego's historic sailing vessels. This San Diego whale watching and Maritime Museum package allows passengers to cruise the Pacific Ocean in search of whales for four hours aboard the restored America sailing yacht. Guests will then gain same-day entry into the Maritime Museum where they can learn about the history of the high seas. San Diego Whale Watching Cruise and Maritime Museum Entry allows guests to receive first-hand experience of life on the water, set sail on a renowned sailing ship with up close views of the marine life, and also gain knowledge about the world's oldest sailing ship and step aboard a piece of the past while visiting the museum.
The San Diego whale watching tour is a four-hour trip in which passengers will witness San Diego marine life in its natural habitat. The tour guides are confident that passengers will see at least one whale while on the trip, and if not, they promise another free cruise ride. Guests aboard America will listen to a whale narration and also acquire information about the sailing yacht's past. The San Diego whale watching and Maritime Museum package encourages guests to pack lunches to enjoy on the water and to also bring along their cameras and binoculars. As for the San Diego Maritime Museum pass, guests can visit the museum before or after the whale watching cruise. The museum features exhibits such as the Age of Sail, Age of Steam and San Diego's Navy.
- Do Pack a Picnic: The San Diego whale watching tour provides snacks and beverages aboard America, but passengers are welcome to pack lunches and even bring their own bottle of wine to picnic on the Pacific.
- Don't Worry About Seasickness: The America has a deep keel, which eliminates much of the motion and rolling from the water. Because of this, the San Diego whale watching tour guarantees a "no seasickness" policy that grants passengers another free cruise or a gift certificate at the San Diego Fish Market if they get sick.