Catalina Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 217
Avalon, CA 90704
Catalina Chamber of Commerce Information
Top 5 Things to Know About Catalina Island (Catalina Chamber of Commerce)
- Catalina Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau: Catalina Island welcomes visitors as the Catalina Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau promotes the community and business interests. The commerce and bureau encourages business networking and building the economy on the island.
- Driving on the Island: Avalon on Catalina Island is the only California city that has a vehicle size and number regulation. There is currently a 14-year waiting list to own a car on Catalina Island, so visitors and locals enjoy walking or biking to many of their destinations.
- Eight Island Archipelago: Catalina Island is one of the eight Channel Islands off the coast of Southern California. Out of all of the islands, Catalina Island is the most populated.
- Land, Air and Sea Activities: There are plenty of activities on Catalina Island that will keep visitors entertained from hiking, to paragliding to snorkeling. Take the zip line Eco tour that propels over the Descanso Canyon or admire the marine life from the glass bottom boat adventure tours.
- Entertainment: Although Catalina Island is small, it makes up for its size in the number of entertainment options that it offers. From shopping to dining, Catalina has everything in between with a movie theater and summer concert series too. Karaoke nights and bowling at the arcade are also popular on the island.
Why It's Awesome: Catalina Island is the only resort island in all of California making it a unique getaway spot from San Diego. Although the island is small, there are plenty of ways to stay entertained during your visit. The Eco tour zip line and beach campsites offer a way for visitors to learn about the island and get a natural experience, while the summer concert series provide a way of unwinding and letting loose after a day of exploring.
- Zip line: The Eco tour zip line races through the Descanso Canyon at speeds of 45 mph. The tour takes place on different lines and makes several stops at Eco-stations where visitors will learn about Catalina Island history, geography and wildlife.
- Concert Series: The Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce features the summer concert series, which takes place at the Bay. These family friendly concerts start at 7:30pm and last until 9:45pm. Guests can also visit the beer and wine garden set up at the concerts as well.
- Beach Camping: In addition to the various hotels, resorts and bed and breakfasts on Catalina Island, there are also beach campsites for guests in search of a more rustic lodging experience. The 22 sites are only accessible by private boat or kayak, which makes for a completely natural and adventurous way of visiting and exploring Catalina Island.
The Local Scoop: Catalina Island is a secluded destination spot where visitors can enjoy both the nature and nightlife of the island. With beach camping and glass bottom boat tours, guests can explore the wildlife and geography, while the beachfront restaurants, spas and hotels with ocean views provide the pampering resort aspect of the island.
- Do Taste the Salt Water Taffy: Lloyd's of Avalon has been making its famous homemade salt water taffy on the island since 1934. Also try Lloyd's popular caramel apples and fudge, which are both made daily at the sweet shop.
- Do Visit During the JazzTrak Festival: Every October Catalina Island hosts the JazzTrax festival, which showcases the best and newest smooth jazz musicians. The three-weekend concert series holds performances during both the afternoon and evenings.
- Don't Miss the Airport in the Sky: Located eleven miles from Avalon on Catalina Island, Airport in the Sky is where you can eat a meal at the DC3 Gift Shop and Grill and learn about the history of the island at the Nature Center.
- Don't Forget to Relax: Pamper yourself at any of the seven spas located on Catalina Island. Relax and indulge in island time while you get spoiled with a stone massage, foot scrub or facial treatment at any of the various resort island spas.
Catalina Chamber of Commerce Gallery