Cheetah run at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
Cheetah run at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd.
Escondido, CA 92027
Cheetah run at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park Information
Top 5 Things to Know About Cheetah Run at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park: The San Diego Zoo Safari Park is located in San Diego's north county around 20 to 30 minutes from downtown San Diego. The Safari Park is a sister park to the San Diego Zoo in Balboa Park, the difference being that the Safari Park is more about wide-open, communal exhibits. The tram ride is definitely the best thing about the park where you get a guided tour around the African Plains with hundreds of different animals hanging out together just like they would in Africa.
- The Show: The Cheetah Run San Diego Safari Park is the new show where you can watch a cheetah reach to 70 miles per hour in just four seconds. The show is free to watch for anyone who has admission to the Safari Park, but there are also preferred and VIP tickets available for anybody who wants a more personal and exciting experience.
- Time and Place: At 3:30pm every day, the San Diego Safari Park Cheetah Run Safari will blow you away with the fastest land animal in the world. Head over to the Cheetah Outpost inside the African Outpost area of the Safari Park, but get there early if you want a good view and don't already have preferred tickets or Cheetah Safari passes.
- Preferred Seating: Since the Cheetah Safari San Diego Zoo is extremely popular and there is only one show per day, people usually begin filling in the prime viewing spots about an hour before the show starts. If you would rather spend that hour visiting other parts of the park, you can purchase a preferred viewing ticket for $10 per person. This ticket allows you to show up right when the show starts and get a perfect view of the Cheetah Run. There are only a hundred of these tickets available, so if you are thinking about going this route, you should buy your tickets as soon as you get to the park to ensure you get them before they sell out.
- Cheetah Safari: The Cheetah Safari San Diego Zoo is for those who want a little something extra from their Cheetah experience. For $40, the one-hour Cheetah Safari includes preferred seating for the Cheetah Run, up-close encounter with a different African animal prior to the run, and a special meet-and-greet with the star cheetah after the show. Cheetah Safari package gives you the best opportunity to get your photo taken with a cheetah, so don't wait, and get your tickets today at SanDiego.com!
Why It's Awesome: The San Diego Safari Park Cheetah Run Safari gives you a first-hand look at just how fast a cheetah can run - 70 MPH! When else will you get to see the fastest animal in the world. Make Sure you don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and check out the Cheetah Safari San Diego Zoo for a little extra special cheetah surprise.
- Exciting: See the world's fastest mammal in action at the Cheetah Safari San Diego Zoo. These animals are built for speed, and you can watch them race down a specially built 330 foot long track. This is a must see for anyone visiting the San Diego Safari Park.
- Educational: The Cheetah Run at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park is very educational for your kids. It will open their eyes to wonders of the natural world with cheetahs being one of the most fascinating mammals out there. Plus, who doesn't want to see a cheetah run 70 miles per hour and learn a little about how and why this is possible?
- Free: The Cheetah Run at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park is free for anyone who has admission to the park. We recommend that you try to get there early if you have not purchased preferred viewing tickets to the show.
The Local Scoop: If you don't plan on purchasing any of the preferred tickets or Cheetah Safari passes, then we strongly suggest you show up to the Cheetah Run at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park about an hour before showtime to ensure you can get a good view. This popular show fills in fast and the prime real estate by the fence goes early.
- Do Arrive Early: Most people begin filling in the prime viewing spots around an hour before the Cheetah Run begins, so we strongly advise that you get there early if you don't plan on buying a preferred viewing ticket or a Cheetah Safari pass.
- Do Check Out Preferred Seating Tickets: We highly recommend these tickets for anyone wanting to see the Cheetah Run at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. These tickets only cost $10 and ensure that you will get the best view without having to arrive an hour early to claim a good spot.
- Don't Taunt the Cheetah: The San Diego Zoo Safari Park kindly asks that you do not attempt to taunt the cheetah or other animals in any way. Why would you want to taunt the fastest animal in the world? It's not like you can outrun it.
- Don't Forget to Check Online: Be sure to check online and see what other great safaris are being offered at the San Diego Safari Park, and don't miss the opportunity for an up-close encounter with one of your favorite wild animals right here in San Diego.