Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla
700 Prospect St.
La Jolla, CA 92037
Mon - Tue, Thu - Sun 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla Information
Top 5 Things To Know About Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla
- Location: Enjoy fantastic ocean views from the La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art. With its beach town location, La Jolla Contemporary Art Museum lets guests take in beauty both inside and outside the museum. While in this area, visitors to Contemporary Art Museum La Jolla also enjoy checking out the nearby parks and delicious San Diego restaurants.
- Restaurant: Looking at Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla's exhibitions making you hungry? Have lunch at Museum Cafe, La Jolla Contemporary Art Museum's European-inspired bistro. This eatery prepares its food with fresh organic ingredients. Have breakfast or lunch at La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art's restaurant and if you're a member of the museum, you can enjoy a 10% discount on your meal.
- Museum Store: Remember your visit to La Jolla Contemporary Art Museum with souvenirs from X Store. You and your family will be able to re-live your visit simply by looking at the cool mementos that you have from the La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art store. Whether you buy something for yourself or a friend, Contemporary Art Museum La Jolla's store gives you a wide selection of merchandise to browse.
- Free Third Thursday: You don't have to pay to get in when you visit during Free Third Thursday. Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla invites guests to this special event between 5 and 7pm. Walk hand in hand with your significant other as you soak up the beauty around you! This fun outing even includes free themed Gallery Guide-led tours. In addition to getting to see amazing artwork, you'll get to hear about the background and artists of the pieces.
- Sculpture Garden: Visitors of all ages will see something interesting to them in the sculpture garden. A map of the Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla points guests to each sculpture's location around this San Diego museum. One of the pieces is a collection of boats stuck in the air together! Another piece is a large and colorful sculpture of the Hindu god Ganesh. Artist Vito Acconci designed a garden installation depicting a cutout figure in the grassy lawn.
Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla is a San Diego museum that offers free admission every third Thursday of the month. During this cool admission-free day, you, your family and your friends can visit Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla and enjoy complimentary docent-led tours. You'll love seeing the sculpture garden at La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art. From the garden installation by Vito Acconci to the bright and colorful installation depicting the Hindu god Ganesh, the sculpture garden at Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla is fun to explore - and it offers plenty to see.
La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art lets you satisfy your urge to shop with a visit to the on-site museum store. Pick up gifts for friends and family or get souvenirs for yourself. Hunger is no match for you when you stop by the on-site restaurant at La Jolla Contemporary Art Museum. The breakfast and lunch is good here, and guests especially appreciate that the meals incorporate fresh, local and organic ingredients. Contemporary Art Museum La Jolla showcases numerous mediums, including sound performance with voice and instruments, dance art, books and more.
- Do Sketch: If you'd like to bring art supplies and work on sketching, feel free to do so at Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla. Looking for things to do in San Diego that are creative? Spending an hour or two drawing at the museum can keep you feeling inspired and artistic.
- Don't Run: La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art asks that children walk through the museum. Running is not permitted.
Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla Gallery