USS Midway Museum
910 North Harbor Dr.
San Diego, CA 92101
Everyday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
USS Midway Museum Promotions
USS Midway Museum Information
Top 5 Things to Know About USS Midway Museum
- USS Midway: The USS Midway is one of America's longest serving aircraft carriers. The museum offers an up close look at life on the floating city with tours of various areas such as the post office, sleeping quarters, engine room and even the ship's jail.
- Audio Tours: Previous USS Midway sailors narrate the audio tours during your self-guided tour. Narrating the 60 locations at the San Diego USS Midway Museum, these sailors give a personal touch to the experience aboard the historic ship.
- Flight Simulators: The flight simulators provide you the opportunity to experience launching off of the flight deck and combating with the enemy. Visitors have the choice of flying the two-person Strike Fighter 360 or the 12-person occupancy F-18 Hornet that flies on an Operation Desert Storm naval combat mission.
- Aircrafts: The San Diego USS Midway Museum is home to 25 restored aircrafts ranging from the World War II TBM Avenger to the Operation Desert Storm A-6 Intruder. Various other aircrafts that were flown during the Korean War and Vietnam War are on display as well.
- Admission: Regular adult admission to the San Diego USS Midway Museum is $18, however children and senior citizens receive discounted admission prices. Retired military members receive $10 off of the regular admission price while active military and reservist personnel are granted access free of charge.
At the USS Midway Museum in San Diego guests can visit 60 exhibits and view 25 restored aircraft carriers aboard the well-renowned USS Midway. Of the exhibits accessible to visitors, guests can tour numerous spots such as the galley, sick bay, officer's country and even the flight control area. The audio tours offered are unique in that actual USS Midway sailors narrate them giving historic information and facts about the various exhibits. The USS Midway sailors also tell personal stories of their lives as bomber pilots aboard the USS Midway or even tales of their experiences in the Midway on-board jail. Inspired by these sailors, guests can also take over the pilot's seat in the Strike Fighter 360 flight simulator and lead enemy attacks while doing spins, flips and somersaults or fly along during a naval combat mission aboard an F-18 Hornet in Operation Desert Storm.
USS Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum houses restored aircrafts that famously represent different war eras in our nation's recent history. It chronicles the aircraft carriers used during the historic periods between World War II and Operation Desert Storm. The San Diego USS Midway Museum features the F-8 Crusader, which was the Navy's first supersonic fighter used in Vietnam, and the H-34 Seabat that targeted and attacked submarines. Guests at the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum are also welcome to climb aboard the aircrafts on deck and take in the view from the cock pit.
- Do View the Military Ceremonies: Active military ceremonies open to the public take place on the USS Midway. Guests can view re-enlistments, pinning ceremonies, retirements and promotions aboard the famous aircraft carrier.
- Don't Miss the 1945 Menu Items: Visit the ship's restaurant Fantail Cafe and order authentic meals from the aircraft carrier's cookbook from 1945. The cafe also serves up burgers, sandwiches and salads for hungry sightseers.
USS Midway Museum Gallery