Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyards
35960 Rancho California Rd.
Temecula , CA 92591
Tasting Room: Mon - Fri 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyards Information
Top 5 Things to Know About Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyard:
- Location: Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyard is tucked away in Temecula Valley Wine Country at the end of Rancho California Road. The winery was originally only 20-acres when the Wilson family purchased it in 1996, but it has since grown to more than 70-acres.
- Wine Club: San Diego Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyard invites guests to join its wine clubs. These wine clubs are free to join, and members enjoy six complementary bottles of wine each year, discounts on food, wine and merchandise, and free wine tastings. Wilson Creek wine club members will also get exclusive invitations to events at the vineyard as well as access to pre-released wine and specials.
- Tasting Room: The comforting and inviting Tasting Room is open daily from 10am to 5pm. During the weekdays, guests can enjoy wine tasting for $12 per person and $15 per person on the weekends and holidays.
- Naval Carriers: Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyard has a unique claim to fame as it is the unofficial winery for several naval aircraft carriers. When the Executive Office of the USS Constellation visited the winery and decided he wanted wines from Wilson Creek for his "Private Captains Reserve" on board the naval aircraft carrier, the trend caught on as various other naval aircraft carriers such as the USS Truman, USS Fitzgerald and USS Nimitz began requesting wines exclusively from Wilson Creek for their own on board reserves as well.
- Wine Awards: Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyard is especially known for its three-time gold award winning Almond Champagne, however numerous other Wilson Creek wines have received special recognition including, but not limited to the vineyard's 2008 Grenache Rose, Angelica Cream Sherry and 2007 Petite Sirah.
Why It's Awesome: Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyard presents a personable experience where you feel relaxed and comfortable while indulging in the Temecula Valley wines and engaging with the Wilson family members. Toast a glass of Wilson Creek wine paired with a Creekside Grille entree in the outdoor dining setting with a view of wine country, or plan your next special event outside in the vineyard at the Merlot Mesa outdoor event venue.
- Family Affair: The Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyard is a family owned business that began in 1996. The winery offers a warm and welcoming setting, as members of the Wilson family can always be found on the property giving a personal touch to their establishment. The Wilson family golden retrievers also roam the territory along with their newest addition, a pet pig named Molly Merlot.
- Creekside Grille: Pair your favorite Wilson Creek wine with BBQ Bison Short Ribs or complement a bottle of white wine with the salmon fettuccine at the vineyard's on-site restaurant Creekside Grille. The outdoor dining experience also invites guests to take part in Bubble Brunch Buffet on Sundays, which presents free flowing champagne and a buffet-style breakfast that serves up omelets, seafood, waffles and more.
- Events: The Wilson Creek Winery provides the ideal environment for any celebration from corporate events to weddings. The Champagne Ballroom offers plenty of space for your special gathering, while the Barrel Room and Garden View Terrace feature more intimate settings, as the gardens, gazebos and vineyard are open as event spaces as well.
The Local Scoop: Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyard is located in the heart of Southern California Wine Country in the Temecula Valley. This scenic environment lends itself to romantic views of vineyards, mountains and gardens, which provide the perfect backdrop to a country wedding or any special occasion.
- Do Create Your Own Wine Labels: Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyard allows you to custom design your very own Wilson Creek wine label. You can choose from the custom templates, upload your own personal photos or design your own label from scratch. These customized wine bottles make the perfect gifts for birthdays, holidays and celebrations.
- Do Visit During the Annual Harvest Celebration: Every October Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyard hosts Sip, Savor and Stomp, an evening dedicated to tasting wines, eating at the buffet and stomping grapes. The event takes place at the outdoor venue Merlot Mesa with a view over the vineyard, where live music will preform as well.
- Don't Miss the Gift Shop and Visitors' Center: The Wilson Creek Winery provides guests with the opportunity to purchase Wilson Creek logo gear, wine racks, wine glasses and of course their favorite wines.
- Don't Forget to Search for Wilson Creek Wines in Stores Near You: Wilson Creek wine is now available for purchase in local restaurants, speciality shops and grocery stores.