La Jolla, CA 92037
Birch Aquarium Information
Top 5 Things To Know About Birch Aquarium
- Location: There's an ocean of reasons to visit Birch Aquarium - and one of them is the fabulous location overlooking the Pacific Ocean! Head to the beach before or after your visit to Birch Aquarium San Diego. Another popular San Diego activity to enjoy close by is hiking the Torrey Pines trail. When you'd love to spend a day enjoying and learning about nature, you can do so by visiting San Diego Birch Aquarium. You and your family will enjoy your time in La Jolla both at the Birch Aquarium at Scripps as well as at the beach, hiking trails and other spots in town.
- Photography: Record your visit to Birch Aquarium San Diego and have plenty of photos by which to remember your trip to San Diego. Photography is allowed! You can even use flash photography throughout San Diego Birch Aquarium, except where noted. If you'd like to use a tripod for your camera, please check with Visitor Services at Birch Aquarium San Diego to see if the crowd level permits it.
- Parking: As a visitor to Birch Aquarium at Scripps, you'll enjoy free parking for three hours. Handicapped parking is available and conveniently located at the front of Birch Aquarium San Diego's traffic circle. San Diego Birch Aquarium helps guests feel as comfortable as possible - and easy parking is one way that your visit to Birch Aquarium at Scripps can be even more enjoyable.
- Animal Feeding: One of the most popular activities at Birch Aquarium San Diego is watching the animals get fed. San Diego Birch Aquarium posts its feeding schedule so that visitors can organize their visit around these cool feedings! It's fun to see how the animals behave. You and your family can see hungry sharks, lobsters and other marine life await their meals - and then receive the food that they've been eagerly anticipating.
- Exhibits: Birch Aquarium at Scripps wows visitors with colorful exhibits. These exhibits at Birch Aquarium put the spotlight on cutting-edge research discoveries. You'll get a better understanding of Earth's systems and the relevance to our daily lives. There's always something new to learn since you can often return to find recently opened exhibits. Exhibits at Birch Aquarium have included Boundless Energy, There's Something About Seahorses, Feeling the Heat: The Climate Challenge and Whales: Voices in the Sea.
San Diego Birch Aquarium is a beautiful place to learn about marine life. You and your family can learn together while checking out the amazing scientific displays at Birch Aquarium San Diego. When you're looking for a great way to spend an afternoon, this San Diego attraction can be both fun and educational. Birch Aquarium at Scripps is a place that kids and grown-ups can enjoy. Bring your camera, since you're allowed to take photos throughout the aquarium. Planning to make a day out of it and explore the area? The La Jolla location of Birch Aquarium makes it easy for visitors to go on hikes or visit San Diego beaches nearby.
Birch Aquarium at Scripps invites visitors to watch animal feedings. If you've ever wanted to see a hungry shark get its meal or lobsters crawl out from under their rocks to get food, Birch Aquarium San Diego lets you check out the action during your visit. When you're at home, you can even get onto your computer and watch what's happening on the HD kelp live cam. San Diego Birch Aquarium makes sure that you're happy and full while you're here. Splash! Cafe serves sandwiches, snacks, and hot and cold beverages. If you want to remember your visit to Birch Aquarium at Scripps with a souvenir, stop by Aquarium Book & Gift Shop to browse the merchandise.
- Do Enjoy The Views: Birch Aquarium is on prime real estate, allowing you to soak up gorgeous views of La Jolla Shores and Scripps Pier. When you're visiting Birch Aquarium, you can see many cool animals and marine life - AND a view that's totally worth the price of admission to San Diego Birch Aquarium. Impress your date or let your kids see nature's beauty from Birch Aquarium at Scripps.
- Don't Miss The Shark Feeding: Stick around at Birch Aquarium to watch the sharks being fed! You can see these hungry animals eat their brunch at 10:30am on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.