San Pedro, CA 90731
Catalina Express Information
Top 5 Things to Know About Catalina Express
- Destination: Catalina Island is the most populated of the eight Island Channels. The island offers exciting land, air and sea sports and activities as well as dining and shopping for visitors.
- Free Birthday Ride: Take to the seas and ride the Catalina Express free of charge on your birthday. Free birthday passes are granted to visitors who pre-register online prior to their birth date.
- Year Round Trips: The Catalina Express is the only boat that serves transportation to and from Catalina Island all year round. Express Catalina offers 30 daily departures to and from the island at various times of the day and night for convenient traveling.
- Terminals: The Catalina Express provides service from San Pedro, Long Beach and Dana Point to Avalon and Two Harbors on Catalina Island.
- Fares: One-way and round-trip tickets are offered to and from Catalina Island and pricing differs depending on the type of ticket purchased, as infant, child, adult and senior citizen passes are available for purchase. Those traveling with bikes or surfboards must also pay an additional ticket fee.
Catalina Express to Catalina Island provides year round transportation to and from the island. Departing from San Pedro, Long Beach and Dana Point, the Express Catalina sails to Avalon and Two Harbors both located on the island. The Express Catalina also has two ports in Long Beach: Long Beach at the Queen Mary and the Long Beach Downtown Catalina Landing. Thirty departures are offered daily giving visitors the option of conveniently traveling at various times of the day. Depending on the port, boat service to the island starts as early at 6:15 am and continues until 7:55 pm. Catalina Express to Catalina Island is responsible for the fastest boat service to the vacation destination, as passengers aboard the Express Catalina enjoy cocktail service and airline-style seating while in transit.
Express Catalina provides convenient boat service to Catalina Island where visitors can whiz through the Descanso Canyon on a Eco tour zip line or soar through the skies parasailing. Visitors traveling around San Diego will enjoy visiting Catalina Island as it is the ideal vacation destination offering a variety of outdoor activities including hiking, snorkeling and kayaking. The island also has an exciting night life with numerous restaurants and concert series. The Catalina Express makes traveling to and from this destination spot fun and hassle free.
- Do Sail on Your Birthday: Pre-register online and sail on the Catalina Express for free on the day of your birthday.
- Don't Bring Your Pet Without a Leash and Muzzle: While one pet per person is allowed on the Catalina Express, all pets must be leashed and muzzled or be transported in a secure pet carrier.