Copley Symphony Hall
750 B St
(at 7th Avenue)
San Diego, CA 92101
Copley Symphony Hall Information
Top 5 Things To Know About Copley Symphony Hall
- Multi-Purpose Venue: Copley Symphony Hall can host a variety of different events, including concerts, comedy shows, corporate and civic events, film screenings and more. With this flexible feature, Copley Symphony Hall San Diego makes itself more in demand because there's always something different and interesting to see at this San Diego entertainment venue.
- Advanced Technology: Events held at San Diego Copley Symphony Hall are impressive because of the state-of-the-art digital sound and lighting technology. The audience can enjoy high quality visual and sound media. The instruments and vocals during concerts come across clearly at Copley Symphony Hall in San Diego. The on-screen projection of what's happening on stage looks great.
- Audience Capacity: Copley Symphony Hall can normally accommodate 2,235 guests, and front row expansions are available to seat 39 more people, if needed. With plenty of room for large audiences, Copley Symphony Hall San Diego allows more people to enjoy shows and events. San Diego happenings at Copley Symphony Hall can be pretty popular, so this capacity is very helpful.
- History: Copley Symphony Hall San Diego used to be The Fox Theatre movie palace. The Fox Theatre opened in 1929 and was part of the nationwide movie theater chain. The San Diego Symphony acquired the property in 1984, when it was widely renovated with upgrades to the stage and backstage facilities. The Grosvenor Family Musician Center was also recently completed. The original look of the lobbies and performance chamber were maintained, however.
- Event Areas: San Diego Copley Symphony Hall's lower lobby, Grand Tier lobby and Revelle Room are available to use for your event. Copley Symphony Hall San Diego also features a small catering facility. Depending on your type of event, event size and preferences, a different event area might be more appealing to you than another.
Copley Symphony Hall is an event venue that has featured concerts, comedy shows, film screenings, corporate and civic events, and more. Copley Symphony Hall in San Diego can be used for your private event, and offers several venues for hosting your event. The lower lobby, Grand Tier lobby and Revelle Room at Copley Symphony Hall are the venues that you can choose from. Copley Symphony Hall has a small catering facility to take care of the food and beverage service during your event. Copley Symphony Hall San Diego has advanced technology to ensure top-notch sound and lighting experiences during events. Whether you're enjoying a live music performance or watching a film screening, the visual and sound elements are very clear at San Diego Copley Symphony Hall. This San Diego entertainment venue offers professional amenities.
Copley Symphony Hall San Diego has space for 2,235 guests. If needed, front row expansions can allow for 39 more guests in San Diego Copley Symphony Hall. This ensures that more guests are able to attend the shows they'd like to see at Copley Symphony Hall in San Diego. The history of this venue is pretty interesting. In 1929, Copley Symphony Hall was actually the Fox Theatre, one of many nationwide Fox movie theaters. In 1984, the San Diego Symphony took over the property and turned it into San Diego Copley Symphony Hall. Throughout its extensive renovations, Copley Symphony Hall San Diego has continued to keep the original look of the lobbies and performance chamber.
- Do Arrive Early: To get some interesting tidbits about the history and details of whatever piece is being performed that evening, arrive early to enjoy the pre-show lecture.
- Don't Use Binoculars: With every seat in the house offering such great views of the stage and entertainment, binoculars are unnecessary. You can enjoy the show from any location in the performance chamber.