San Diego Theater Tickets
San Diego, CA
San Diego Theater Tickets Information
Top 5 Things to Know About Theater Tickets:
- Theaters: San Diego is home to various theaters and performing arts centers where you can purchase theater tickets to witness your favorite symphony, musical or dance performance. The Old Globe Theatre features three stages, one of which is outdoors, while North Coast Repertory Theater offers an intimate 94-seat auditorium and Spreckels Theatre boasts a whopping 1,463 seats.
- Music: If you're a fan of the Philharmonia Orchestra or the San Diego Symphony, you can purchase San Diego theater tickets to listen to the classically trained flutes whistle and the violins croon on stage at concert halls such as the Copley Symphony Hall. Copley Symphony Hall welcomes classical, pop and family concerts for audience members of all ages.
- Plays: From classic Shakespeare plays to Broadway favorites, you can find San Diego theater tickets for it all! Invite the children along for a cultural experience and catch a showing of Peter Pan at the Civic Theatre or feel the joy when your kids sing along during the whimsical musical performance of Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas at The Old Globe Theatre.
- Operas: Whether it's arias, operettas or opera serias that strike your fancy, the Civic Theater offers San Diego theater tickets for the San Diego Opera's performance of various shows such as The Daughter of the Regiment, Aida and Murder in the Cathedral.
- Ballets: While ballet was first performed in the Italian Renaissance courts of the 15th century, the dance form is still celebrated today as ballerinas grace the stage of numerous San Diego theaters. The Copley Symphony Hall presents San Diego theater tickets for ballets such as International Passport Series: Ballet Folklórico De México as the Civic Theatre hosts the haunting and chilling California Ballet performance of Dracula. During the holiday season treat yourself to theater tickets in San Diego and watch the Mouse King reign while Clara and the Sugar Plum Fairies waltz in The City's Ballet annual performance of The Nutcracker at Spreckels Theatre.
Theater tickets in San Diego present you with the opportunity to celebrate the performance arts as numerous San Diego theaters feature plays, concerts, and ballets. Many of the concert halls in San Diego hold a rich and cultural history such as Spreckels Theatre, which was built in 1912. When Spreckels Theatre was created, it was the only modern playhouse west of the Mississippi at the time, and now 2012 marks its centennial celebration. As for The Old Globe, when you purchase theater tickets in San Diego for that venue you can marvel at the 1935 model of the Globe Theater in London, which was where Shakespeare plays were first performed during his lifetime.
If it's plays that you're most interested in, you'll find theater tickets San Diego for a hodge-podge of performances from traditional Shakespearean scenes and Broadway musicals to every comedic and dramatic play in between. You'll catch hilarious shows at the North Coast Repertory Theatre such as Steve Martin's adaptation of Carl Sternheim's 1910 The Underpants and the hysterical mishaps of Neil Simon's The Odd Couple. If you're looking for a Much Ado About Nothing fix, it's worth visiting The Old Globe Theater's annual summer Shakespeare Festival where the classic plays are performed. When you book through SanDiego.com theater tickets, you'll be certain to find all your favorite performances.
- Do Bring Your Binoculars: While the San Diego theaters are great about providing seats with unobstructed views, it's not a bad idea to bring along a pair of binoculars so you can get an up close and personal look at the ballerina's pointed toes or the rosin flying off the violins and cellos.
- Don't Forget the Kids: Regardless of whether you're introducing your children to the classical harmonies of the California Symphony or silly tunes of How the Grinch Stole Christmas musical, the experience will be an educational and memorable one for the whole family.