Crystal Pier Hotel & Cottages
4500 Ocean Blvd
San Diego, CA 92109
Crystal Pier Hotel & Cottages Information
Top 5 Things to Know About Crystal Pier Hotel and Cottages
- Location: The Crystal Pier Hotel and Cottages are located in Pacific Beach, nestled between Mission Beach and La Jolla. Pacific Beach is an awesome coastal community with an upbeat youthful nightlife, great restaurants and unique shops. The Crystal Pier Cottages San Diego provide the best family vacation where you can experience living right on the beach with the sea breeze in your hair and the sand in your toes. Downtown San Diego and other popular attractions like the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld and Balboa Park are within 15 minutes of the hotel.
- Reservations: The Crystal Pier Hotel in Pacific Beach is an extremely popular vacation destination. It is recommended that you book almost a year in advance if you want a decent selection of rooms. The cottages book up fast for the summer, so don't wait, and book yours now! If you are planning a winter escape to San Diego, not only do they have off-season rates, but you won't have to book as far in advance.
- Parking: Each of the 32 cottages come with their own private parking space included with the reservation. This comes in handy as the parking availability around Pacific Beach can be rather horrendous.
- Events and Special Offers: The San Diego Crystal Pier Hotel and Cottages holds special events and hotel promotions to ensure that guests get the most out of their stay. See what's happening during your stay at the Crystal Pier Cottages, which could be anything from a kids fishing tournament to a surf competition. Check online for a more detailed calendar of events and promotions.
- Family Friendly: The San Diego Crystal Pier Hotel and Cottages provide the perfect family friendly accommodations for your next family vacation San Diego. Your kids will absolutely love sleeping above the waves and waking up right over the beach. There truly isn't a better way to experience living at a beach house in San Diego.
Why It's Awesome: The San Diego Crystal Pier Hotel and Cottages offers premium family friendly accommodations right on the the ocean in Pacific Beach. Wake up to smell of the fresh ocean air and sound of the waves crashing below your cottage. These fully loaded cottages book up fast though, and it is recommended that you book 11 months in advance for a spring, summer or fall vacation.
- Pacific Beach: The Crystal Pier Hotel in San Diego is situated in one of the most fun beach communities in San Diego. Pacific Beach is loaded with dive bars, nightclubs, hip restaurants and specialty shops. Just up the road is La Jolla, a more affluent community with great fine dining, art galleries, boutique shops and tons of family activities. Mission Beach is to the south where you will find Belmont Park and dozens of beach volleyball courts. As you head into the Mission Bay Park, you will find endless water sports activities to do with your family.
- History: The Crystal Pier Cottages San Diego began their construction in 1920 and finished in the mid 1930s. During that fifteen year stretch there had been a lot of owner changes and design alterations. At one point the pier had a grand ballroom with carnival games, but that only lasted a few months. The Crystal Pier Hotel in San Diego that we have today has been family owned since 1961, and continues to provide the best beachfront family friendly accommodations.
- Fully Equipped Cottages: The cottages at the Crystal Pier Hotel in San Diego come with fully equipped kitchenettes, separate bedrooms, spacious living rooms and flat screen televisions with premium programming. Some of the cottages have comfortable futons in the living rooms. Due to the constantly changing tides, not all of the cottages are over the water at all times. Each cottage also includes one private parking space as well as gate key when the pier closes to the public.
The Local Scoop: Kono's Surf Club Cafe is adjacent to the San Diego Crystal Pier Cottages and the start of the pier. This local hot spot serves up some ridiculously awesome breakfast plates and lunch. Definitely try their famous tuna melt and be sure to add avocado because you're in southern California and it's the right thing to do.
- Do Check the Website:Check their website for special promotions and upcoming events to see what you can do when you stay at the Crystal Pier Beach Cottages.
- Do Bring Your Kids: The Crystal Pier Hotel and Cottages is one of the most family friendly hotels in San Diego. It gives you the unique opportunity to experience living on the beach!
- Don't Forget Your Rods: Pier fishing is allowed on Crystal Pier, so bring your fishing rods with you and enjoy this popular family activity in San Diego.
- Don't Wait: Book your cottage today! The Crystal Pier Beach Cottages book up extremely fast as they are one of the most popular vacation destinations in the area. It is recommended that you book at least 11 months in advance to ensure you will get a cottage suitable to your family or group size.