Horton Grand Hotel
Horton Grand Hotel
San Diego, CA 92101
Horton Grand Hotel Information
Top 5 Things to Know About Horton Grand Hotel San Diego
- Location: The Horton Grand Hotel San Diego is situated in the Gaslamp Quarter of downtown. This historic hotel opened in 1986 and is a restoration of two separate hotels from the late 1800s and early 1900s using original pieces of each structure. This boutique hotel in San Diego's Gaslamp District provides a cozy and elegant place to stay for your next San Diego vacation. When you stay at the Horton Grand San Diego Hotel, you can enjoy a close proximity to all of San Diego's top attractions like the San Diego Zoo, Seaworld, Balboa Park, Seaport Village and much more!
- Check-In/Out: Check-in at the Horton Grand Hotel in San Diego begins at 3pm every day, and you must be at least 21 years or older to reserve a room with the hotel. There are no extra person charges for children 17 and younger, but you may be charged for any additional adults staying in the same room if maximum occupancy is exceeded. Check-out is at noon on the last day of your stay at the Horton Grand, so take advantage of this rather late check-out time and grab some breakfast at one of the many San Diego restaurants in the Gaslamp.
- Parking: Parking at the Horton Grand in San Diego is strictly valet parking for a nightly fee of $25 dollars. However, this comes with in-and-out privileges, so you can easily enjoy San Diego on your schedule without having to worry about paying for parking every time you come back into downtown.
- Dining: The famous family owned and operated Cheese Shop in the Gaslamp has just relocated to the Horton Grand Hotel San Diego, but continues to serve its popular homemade dishes using fresh local ingredients. Also located in the Horton Grand San Diego hotel is the Palace Bar, which is the perfect place to start out the night or grab a nightcap after a long evening in the Gaslamp.
- Meetings and Groups: Consider the Horton Grand Hotel San Diego when you plan your next party or business meeting. With over 8,500 square feet of flexible venue space, you have plenty of room to have a party to remember. The Horton Grand will do everything it can to take the stress off your back and deliver everything you need for a successful and fun event.
Why It's Awesome: The Horton Grand San Diego hotel is situated in one of the coolest areas of San Diego, the Gaslamp Quarter. This beautiful boutique hotel invites you to stay in its historic building made from reclaimed materials dating back to the 1880s. This Victorian style hotel offers cozy family friendly accommodations for very affordable rates. You really won't find a better place to stay in the Gaslamp.
- Gaslamp Quarter: The Gaslamp Quarter is one of the coolest spots in the city, and by staying at the Horton Grand San Diego hotel you have exclusive access to over 75 restaurants, bars and nightclubs within a short walking distance. The historic Gaslamp District is one of San Diego's biggest attractions, and can be fun for the whole family.
- Historic: The entire Horton Grand Hotel in San Diego is a combination of a variety of different historic buildings from anywhere between the 1880s and 1920s. This interesting use of reclaimed building materials achieves a warm and unique Victorian style that can be thoroughly enjoyed by people of all ages.
- Boutique Guest Rooms: Each individually decorated guest room at the Horton Grand Hotel San Diego offers a unique experience with Victorian style furniture, hand carved armoires, in-room fireplaces and balconies with gorgeous city views. These cozy guest rooms have a nostalgic charm that will keep you feeling comfortable and relaxed throughout your stay.
The Local Scoop: Nearby Seaport Village is an awesome place to have a date night or take the family. There are a bunch of unique shops and eateries right on the water of San Diego Bay. Be sure to check out the hot sauce shop, which has the hottest sauces from all over the world. You can even try samples, which makes for a pretty good time.
- Do Check Online or Call Ahead: Be sure to call ahead or check online before you book a room with the Horton Grand Hotel San Diego. Often times they have online specials or manager discounts, so make sure you do your research before booking a room and save as much cash as possible.
- Do Enjoy the Gaslamp: The Gaslamp District is San Diego's hot spot for amazing restaurants, cool bars and hot nightclubs. The fun never stops day or night. Make sure you take advantage of staying in the Gaslamp, and make your mark on San Diego.
- Don't Forget the Palace Bar: The Palace Bar inside the Horton Grand Hotel in San Diego is the perfect place to grab your favorite drink after a long day in the city or before you start a night out in the Gaslamp.
- Don't Bring Pets: Unfortunately the Horton Grand San Diego hotel is not a pet friendly establishment, so you must make arrangements for your furry friend before you start your vacation.