Hotel Del Coronado
Hotel Del Coronado
Coronado, CA 92118
Hotel Del Coronado Information
Top 5 Things To Know About Hotel Del Coronado
- Check-in/Out: Guests of the Hotel Del Coronado can check-in anytime after 4pm giving them plenty of time to grab some dinner and watch a gorgeous sunset over Coronado. Check-out isn't until noon so there is no need to rush getting packed up when you leave the historical hotel. Wake up slow, sip some coffee, and enjoy your last morning in San Diego when you stay the the infamous Hotel Del Coronado.
- Parking: On-site self parking is available at the Del Coronado for a fee of $30 per night and valet parking is available for $40 per night. Parking on Coronado Island can be difficult so take advantage of this great Hotel Del Coronado perk.
- Resort Fee: There is a $25 daily resort fee for a stay at the historic Hotel Del Coronado. Although this fee may seem steep, it includes local calls, in-room high speed Internet, access to the fitness center and fitness classes, daily newspaper, and in-room coffee and tea. Sip your coffee, read the paper, and browse SanDiego.com each morning you stay at the Del Coronado Hotel.
- Deposit: There is no deposit required for non-holiday bookings at the Hotel Del Coronado but for guests looking to stay over Memorial Weekend, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, or between Memorial Day and Labor Day the first night's room rate is required for reservations.
- Laundry: The Del Coronado Hotel offers full laundry and dry cleaning services on-site to keep guests looking their best while on vacation in San Diego. Don't worry if you spill red wine on that new dress, the laundry services at Hotel Del will have you looking crisp again in no time. This is just another way Hotel Del Coronado goes above and beyond to ensure guests are happy and comfortable on a great vacation.
Why It's Awesome: The history of the Hotel Del Coronado is what sets it apart from other hotels. Built in 1888, the Hotel Coronado San Diego is known for distinguished Queen Anne architecture which was popular in the Victorian Era, a bright red roof, Illinois Oak lobby, and a famous ghostly inhabitant, Kate Morgan. Ten United States Presidents have stayed at the famous Hotel Del Coronado as well as legends such as Babe Ruth and Thomas Edison. What better way to celebrate a little United States history than booking an elegant room at the waterfront Hotel Coronado San Diego?
- History: The Hotel Del Coronado is a National Historic Landmark on one of the most beautiful beaches in all of Southern California. With over 120 years of history and stories including famous guests, scandal, and haunting, the Hotel Coronado San Diego is a must see for visitors. Book a room and revel in the beautiful architecture, walk along the pristine white sand beach, and breathe in the grandeur of the infamous Hotel Del.
- Location: Coronado Island is unlike any other part of San Diego. The overwhelming beauty of Coronado attracts guests from all over the world and it's no surprise with amazing views, striking beaches, and the glorious architecture of the Hotel del Coronado. Guests can cross the Coronado Bridge and head into downtown to spend the day at some of the best San Diego attractions including the Zoo and Balboa Park. Or, make it an evening trip to a top San Diego restaurant. By staying at the Hotel Del Coronado, guests are close to the action but far enough away to enjoy a little one on one time in a timeless and classic San Diego hotel.
- Spa: The Del Coronado Hotel is home to a fantastic spa. The Spa at the Del features massage, salon services, and everything you need to relax and rejuvenate while on vacation in San Diego. Pamper yourself when you stay at the only true beachfront resort in San Diego, the Hotel Del Coronado.
The Local Scoop: The Hotel Del Coronado is a popular destination for visitors and locals alike with exciting history, fun activities and alluring haunting. The story of supposed resident ghost, Kate Morgan, is one that keeps guests on their toes. Guests can book a night in her room, 302 (now 3312) for an especially haunting experience or head down to the gift shop where items are known to fly off shelves for their own riveting ghost story. Or, if you like to keep things jovial, head to the Hotel Del Coronado during the winter months for beachfront ice-skating. No matter what time of year, the Hotel Del Coronado is an exceptional hotel for a great San Diego vacation.
- Do Bring The Family: With miles of gorgeous beaches, winter ice-skating rink, and incredible amenities, the Hotel Del Coronado is an ideal hotel for a great family vacation so don't leave the kids behind.
- Do Check Out The Restaurants: The Del Coronado Hotel restaurants range from award winning fine-dining to casual outdoor eateries so take advantage of the great restaurants at the Del on your next vacation. If you're not in the mood for a restaurant experience, the Hotel Coronado San Diego also offers room service for a mellow night in with excellent food.
- Don't Wait To Book A Room: Since the Hotel Del Coronado is so popular, the rooms tend to book up fast, especially during busy travel times so don't wait too long to reserve a room. Click on the Book A Room button above and start planning your great Hotel Del Coronado vacation today!
- Don't Be Afraid of Kate Morgan: Although the idea of a ghost can be scary, the reports of paranormal activity at the Hotel Del Coronado are harmless. The worst report was of a couple having the blankets ripped off of their bed in the middle of the night, otherwise it's just strange noises and a possible broken glass.