La Valencia Hotel
1132 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037
La Valencia Hotel Information
Top 5 Things to Know About La Valencia Hotel La Jolla
- Location: The La Valencia Hotel La Jolla is situated just steps from the coastline in San Diego's most beautiful resort community, La Jolla. From here you can enjoy many local attractions including the Museum of Contemporary Art, La Jolla Cove and the Children's Pool where you can see a bunch of local harbor seals lounging in the sun. La Jolla is home to lots of popular restaurants including some of San Diego's best fine dining as well as many boutique shops and art galleries. Downtown San Diego is between 15 to 20 minutes away depending on traffic, which means you have pretty easy access to all of San Diego's most popular attractions such as Seaworld, the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park.
- Reservations and Parking: In order to book a room and register at the La Valencia Hotel in La Jolla, you must be at least 21 years of age and have some form of identification on hand. Check-in begins at 4pm allowing you enough time to go out on the town for happy hour or dinner at one of La Jolla's fine restaurants. Check-out on your last day is at noon, so be sure to grab one last breakfast at the hotel or somewhere else in La Jolla. We recommend Harry's, which is like a 50s-style diner. Parking is available through the hotel, but is valet only. The fees are $29 per night, but they include in/out privileges. You can try to park self-park somewhere in La Jolla, but parking is usually hard to find and most of it is two-hour street parking.
- Pet Friendly: The La Valencia Hotel La Jolla is a pet friendly hotel making it an easy choice for anyone traveling with their pets. There is just a small pet fee of $25 per night for any pets staying at the hotel. The hotel also has a weight policy for pets, which is that there are no pets allowed over 75 pounds.
- Special Packages and Offers: The La Valencia Hotel in La Jolla offers multiple vacation packages and promotions that cater to both families and romantic getaways. Some packages include tickets to local area attractions or extra special discounts and perks at the hotel. Some may include specialized ways to rejuvenate your mind and body through massage and yoga sessions.
- On-Site Dining: There are three on-site restaurants at the the La Valencia Hotel in La Jolla - The Mediterranean Room, The Sky Room and the Whaling Bar and Grill - which attract locals and visitors alike with their upscale cuisine and phenomenal drink menus, not to mention majestic views of La Jolla. There is also La Sala, a classic cocktail lounge located off the lobby with panoramic views of the nearby La Jolla Cove.
Why It's Awesome: The La Valencia Hotel in La Jolla is awesome mostly because of its premium location on the bluffs of La Jolla. The hotel was built in 1926, and while it has modern amenities, it glows with an old world charm that renders it a boutique hotel. The Valencia Hotel is the perfect place to stay on your next family vacation or romantic escape. It's charm, location and amenities make it one of the best boutique hotels in La Jolla.
- In-Room Spa Treatments: Take the time to relax on your vacation, and take advantage of La Valencia's in-room spa treatments. The large variety of spa treatments at the La Valencia Hotel in La Jolla ensures that you will get exactly what you need. They offer prenatal massage, couples massage, deep tissue massage and much much more. Try out their custom massage package to create your own specialized treatment. If you want to have your massage out in the open sea air, they also have to option of poolside massage treatments.
- Awesome Amenities: The La Valencia Hotel San Diego offers top-notch amenities and services to make you feel comfortable and at home in their beautiful hotel. Jump in the pool on a hot day and enjoy cocktails from the poolside bar, or set yourself up on the rooftop terrace to enjoy panoramic ocean views with a fresh sea breeze. If you're on a family trip but want a night off, the Valencia Hotel has convenient childcare services available. They also have an on-site business center, fitness facility and a friendly concierge desk that will help you plan your San Diego adventures.
- Special Events: Hold your special event at the La Valencia Hotel La Jolla and let their stellar banquet services and event planning take care of all the hard work and details. You will never forget that intimate destination wedding at the La Valencia. Get married under the sunset and celebrate your reception in their grand ballroom or outside courtyard.
The Local Scoop: The La Valencia Hotel La Jolla is known to locals as "The Pink Lady" due to its striking pink colored coat. The hotel is unmistakable with its surroundings as it is the only all-pink building in the area.
- Do Bring the Dog: The La Valencia Hotel San Diego provides pet friendly accommodations to those traveling with their favorite furry family member.
- Do Hit the Beach: La Jolla Shores, one of the most pristine stretches of sand in San Diego, is just five minutes from La Valencia Hotel in San Diego. Try to get there a little early as parking can be rather difficult. There are also lots of nearby shops offering reasonably priced water sport rentals such as kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, surf boards and snorkel gear.
- Don't Smoke: All the guestrooms at the La Valencia Hotel are non smoking as well as all public areas on the property, so please be considerate to other guests and try to smoke away from the hotel.
- Don't Forget Your Kids: Your kids will absolutely love staying at the La Valencia in La Jolla. The hotel is close to so many fun activities including the beach, Children's Pool and the park.