Motel 6 Downtown San Diego
1546 2nd Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Motel 6 Downtown San Diego Information
Motel 6 Downtown San Diego Amenities
- Free local calls
- Free Breakfast
- Kids stay free
- Pets allowed
- Coin Laundry
All rooms at this Motel 6 have recently been remodeled to include 32" LCD TV with AV connection for gaming, Wi-Fi available in all guest rooms for $2.99 per 24 hours, bathroom with granite countertops and a raised wash basin, wood-effect flooring.<
Top 5 Things To Know about Motel 6 Downtown San Diego
- Location: Motel 6 Downtown San Diego is in the heart of San Diego on 2nd Ave., between Cedar and Beech St.
- Check In/Out: Guests staying at the Motel 6 Downtown San Diego can check-in at 3pm and must check out by noon. Late check-out may be requested but must be approved.
- Amenities: Standard amenities at the Motel 6 Downtown San Diego include free local calls, morning coffee and expanded cable. Wi-Fi is also available for $2.99 per 24-hour use.
- Kids Stay Free: Children, younger than 17-years-old, stay free when accompanied by their parents and sharing the same hotel accommodations at Motel 6 Downtown San Diego.
- Pet Policy: Service animals and well-behaved pets are allowed at the Motel 6 Downtown San Diego Hotel. Please contact the hotel for additional information and guidelines.
Why It’s Awesome: Motel 6 Downtown San Diego is situated in the heart of San Diego and offers affordable accommodations. This is a great option for those traveling on a budget or those who like to save money on accommodations and spend their hard earned cash in other ways. Whether you are here on a family vacation or business trip, Motel 6 Downtown San Diego is a great place to be.
- The Location: Don’t worry If you didn't bring your own car, you will have no trouble getting around San Diego when you stay at Motel 6 Downtown San Diego. Most restaurants and bars are within walking distance or only a short cab ride away and there are many public transportation options available for travelers. Those staying at the Motel 6 San Diego are only blocks away from the San Diego International Airport, San Diego Trolley and Amtrak Train Station.
- Gaslamp Quarter: Located less than one mile from the Motel 6 San Diego, is the Gaslamp Quarter. Offering the best of city nightlife, fine dining, restaurants and bars, visitors can have fun exploring downtown San Diego by day or by night. If you are in the mood for something different and want to socialize with friends, try watching a game of baseball. You can find Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres, nestled in the Gaslamp.
- The Parks: Located two miles away from Motel 6 San Diego, is the iconic Balboa Park. Whether you are a history buff, science geek or art aficionado, Balboa Park is filled with wondrous museums, shops and exhibits. Get there early and enjoy walking around this picturesque park. If you are in the mood for something more thrilling, SeaWorld park is a another famous destination. Filled with fun water rides, dozens of sea animals, shows and exhibits, you and your loved ones can spend the whole day exploring SeaWorld.
The Local Scoop: There are so many attractions, parks, beaches and museums to visit in San Diego that picking just a few may be hard. The good thing is that you will not have to venture too far from your hotel to find something to do. Below are some more fun options near Motel 6 San Diego Downtown.
- Do Go To The Beach: No trip to San Diego would be complete without visiting the beautiful coastline. Plan a beach day to soak up that famous sunny weather and relax. Located less than seven miles from downtown are Mission Beach and Ocean Beach, both beautiful but beaches with something different to offer. Ocean Beach offers a more laid-back environment, while Mission Beach is always packed with an active crowd. Mission Beach is home to the famous boardwalk and Belmont Park, filled with thrilling rides, arcades, bars and restaurants.
- Do Cross The Bridge: San Francisco may have the Golden Gate Bridge but here in San Diego we have the bright blue Coronado Bridge, which stretches more than two miles over San Diego Bay. This iconic bridge can be seen from miles away. Take a day to experience the pristine beaches, restaurants, bars and shops on the other side of the bridge, including Silver Strand State Beach and Coronado Beach.
- Don’t Skip Little Italy: Located less than one mile away from the Motel 6 San Diego Downtown, is the charming neighborhood of Little Italy. Filled with art galleries, lively bars, local cafes, delis, Italian restaurants and shops, visitors can enjoy exploring a different side of San Diego culture. Little Italy is also host of popular annual events including ArtWalk, the Sicilian Festival and the delicious Taste Of Italy.
- Don’t Skip Point Loma: Also located on the other side of the bay is Point Loma and Liberty Station. Spend the day taking in the view from Point Loma while visiting the Cabrillo National Monument and Old Point Loma Lighthouse. Once you have built up an appetite, stroll on over to Liberty Station, to find a delicious variety of restaurants and bars including Corvette Diner, Five Guys Burgers, Wine Steals and more.