San Diego Hotels
If you're looking for San Diego hotels, use this page to browse all the best hotels in San Diego and find the right place to stay based on what you want to do, your budget and available amenities. San Diego is a popular vacation destination mainly due to its pristine beaches, perfect weather and world class attractions. Don't make it hard on yourself trying to find a San Diego hotel, use SanDiego.com for all the best deals and insider tips. Now the main question is: Where do you want to stay in San Diego? Check out our weekly pick for the top San Diego hotel!
Best San Diego Hotel for May: Crowne Plaza San Diego puts guests in the middle of the action with a stay in centrally located Mission Valley. Just blocks from two popular shopping malls, five minutes from the beaches of Ocean Beach or Pacific Beach and a short drive from popular attractions like SeaWorld San Diego, the Zoo and Gaslamp Quarter, a stay at Crowne Plaza San Diego puts the entire county at your fingertips.
Downtown San Diego: If you want to be in the heart of the city, downtown San Diego or the Gaslamp Quarter is the place to stay. Downtown and the historic Gaslamp District have tons of fantastic restaurants, shops, bars and nightclubs. You will never be without something to do when you stay at a downtown hotel in San Diego. Check out some of our favorite downtown San Diego hotels below:
- DoubleTree Hotel Downtown San Diego: This DoubleTree San Diego hotel is situated on the edge of downtown just minutes from the Gaslamp, Little Italy, the San Diego Airport and Balboa Park. You will love their luxurious San Diego accommodations with top-notch amenities and friendly service.
- Hotel Indigo Gaslamp: The Hotel Indigo in the Gaslamp is one of the premier luxury and boutique hotels of San Diego. This top-rated San Diego hotel is LEED certified and sustainable making it it a forerunner among other environmentally friendly San Diego hotels.
- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter: As one of the top San Diego hotels, the Marriott Gaslamp is situated adjacent to Petco Park and right in the center of the Gaslamp Quarter. Be sure to check out the rooftop nightclub, Altitude Sky Lounge as well as the on-site bar, Latitude Lounge.
- Residence Inn San Diego Gaslamp: This family friendly and pet friendly hotel in San Diego Gaslamp is one of the best options for your next family vacation. You don't have to worry about leaving Fido at home, and they offer fantastic vacation packages for the whole family.
La Jolla: The name "La Jolla" means "The Jewel" in Spanish, and that's exactly what La Jolla is to San Diego. La Jolla offers a unique and relaxing setting where you can truly enjoy your San Diego vacation. With some of the best San Diego hotels and resorts, La Jolla provides premium San Diego accommodations within minutes of the best beaches, boutiques, art galleries and restaurants. Check out the following two affordable family friendly hotels in La Jolla.
- Residence Inn La Jolla: The Residence Inn La Jolla is a top family friendly hotel that won't drain your bank account. They offer comfortable accommodations with loaded amenities, and they are pet friendly making them one of our favorite San Diego Hotels in La Jolla.
- Best Western Inn By The Sea: This Best Western hotel in La Jolla makes it easy to save and enjoy your next trip to San Diego. Nestled in La Jolla Village, the Best Western Inn By The Sea offers cozy family friendly accommodations right next to the beach.
Hotel Circle: Hotel Circle is located in Mission Valley and one of best places to find centrally located San Diego hotels. Staying in Hotel Circle puts you in easy access of all the top San Diego attractions. Popular San Diego beaches, Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, downtown and the Gaslamp Quarter, La Jolla, the airport and Seaworld are all within 10 to 15 minutes from Hotel Circle.
- Crowne Plaza San Diego. This tropical themed hotel helps you relax and have a good time whether you are on a vacation or a business trip. Offering loads of amenities and services such as a full service spa, pool, hot tub and sushi bar, the Crowne Plaza in Hotel Circle is easily one of the best choices for San Diego hotels.
San Diego Resorts: Looking for some luxurious San Diego resorts? You will find many luxury San Diego hotels and resorts throughout the county from downtown up to Carlsbad. The majority of the best San Diego resorts are on the coast, however, there are a few further inland in San Diego's north county and wine country. The following resorts are a few of our favorite full-service San Diego hotels.
- Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa: At the Hilton Resort and Spa in San Diego you can expect to be pampered. Their excellent spa treatments will leave you feeling refreshed and you can either take a dip in the pool to cool off, walk to the beach or indulge in some of the available water sport rentals.
- DoubleTree Golf Resort San Diego: Located in San Diego's north county, the DoubleTree Golf Resort is one of the best vacation destinations boasting luxurious amenities and an 18-hole golf course to challenge your skills.
- Paradise Point San Diego: Paradise Point is essentially its own island in the middle of Mission Bay. As one of the top San Diego hotels, this full service resort will ensure your vacation is stress free and infinitely fun. The endless list of amenities and services will blow you away, and you will find it difficult to leave the resort grounds.
There are many San Diego hotels to choose from based on your budget, family size or vacation plans. We strongly recommend that you look into the hotels around downtown, La Jolla, Mission Bay, Coronado or Hotel Circle. These areas are not only unique to themselves, but they are close to the most popular San Diego attractions and activities. No matter what time of the year you are visiting San Diego, a hotel near the beach is definitely one of your best options especially if you have kids. As San Diego is a coastal city, most of the best things to do are in and around the beach area so book a great beach hotel in San Diego for your next big vacation!