1540 Camino Del Mar
Del Mar , CA 92014
KITCHEN 1540 Information+ -
Quick Facts About Kitchen 1540
- Local and Organic: The seafood served at San Diego Kitchen 1540 is sustainable and the produce is local. Additionally, the herbs used in the dishes are grown on the restaurant's on-site garden.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner: Kitchen 1540 in San Diego serves breakfast, Sunday brunch, lunch and dinner. Freshly baked croissants and muffins grace the morning menu, while backyard burgers and seafood salad are found on the noon menu. As for the night menu, California Lamb, Steelhead Pastrami and Charred Rare Ahi make an appearance.
- Dessert and Wine: To complement your delectable dinner at San Diego's Kitchen 1540, the restaurant features various wine selections from all over the world and Grandma's Carrot Cake and Pumpkin Cheesecake to top off your meal.
Ambiance: Kitchen 1540 in San Diego offers a cozy and intimate setting to indulge in the flavorful American cuisine. The indoor dining room features contemporary styled rooms with an open presentation kitchen and walls filled with wine bottles. The outdoor patio is the ideal place to dine with the sea breezes and natural light from the San Diego sun or the romantic lighting from the stars. With lounge chairs, a fireplace, and a waterfall, the outdoor dining area is an intimate and peaceful setting to savor breakfast, lunch or dinner. Guests at San Diego Kitchen 1540 also have the option of dining in the privacy of the outdoor cabanas complete with curtains and subtle lighting.
Why We Dine: Kitchen 1540 at L'Auberge Del Mar recently welcomed on board the talents of Executive Chef Scott Thomas Dolbee. Former executive chef of the Four Seasons Resort Whistler, Chef Dolbee has created fresh innovative menus with a traditional American cuisine approach with touches of global infusions for Kitchen 1540. The San Diego Kitchen 1540 menu features mainland courses such as the BBQ Pig Roast and Duck Breast and coastal selections such as the Scallops and the Seaside, which is a medley of calamari, lobster, spot prawn and octopus. Guests can dine as early as 6:30am and indulge in the California Omelet filled with Dungeness crab, avocado, Boursin cheese and skillet potatoes or wait for the 11:30am lunch menu presenting grilled vegetable flat breads and local halibut.
- Sunday Brunch: Kitchen 1540 is open for extended hours on Sundays for brunch, so guests can indulge in the Loch Duart Salmon or the Farmers Market Omelet.
- Outdoor Patio: The cozy patio invites guests to curl up under the stars and to feel the warmth of the outdoor fireplace mix with the refreshing ocean breeze while they enjoy a glass of wine and divine dinner.
- Varied Menu: There is something on the menu to satisfy everyone's taste buds from seafood dishes to plates of smoked venison and California lamb.
The Local Scoop: San Diego Kitchen 1540 is located at the L'Auberge Del Mar, which is a San Diego hotel that overlooks the Pacific Ocean. The resort is not only steps aways from the beach, but also within walking distance of the shops at Del Mar Village as well.
- Heirloom Tomato Array: Found under the Artisan section on the dinner menu, this tasty treat includes lobster, hearts of palms, grapefruit sorbet and tomatoes.
- Backyard Burger: Gobble up this delicious burger on the outside patio and pretend you're at a ritzy backyard BBQ. Unlike any ordinary burger, the Backyard Burger includes natural sirloin, aged cheddar portobello, grilled red onions and unique tomato jam.
- Cuisine: American
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Reservations are suggested and can be made by clicking above or by calling 858-793-6460.
- Price: $$$