San Diego, CA 92101
Maritime Museum Promotions
Maritime Museum Information+ -
Top 5 Things To Know About Maritime Museum
- Daily Public Tours: Visit the Maritime Museum to look around historic ships and learn all about them. Maritime Museum San Diego is open daily so that you can take a tour when it fits your schedule best. Rather than wandering around San Diego Maritime Museum on your own, wondering what in the world everything means, going on a tour can answer your questions and fill you in on cool facts that these knowledgeable guides have to share with you.
- Public Events: If you're a ship lover, you'll love that Maritime Museum has such great events going on throughout the year. There's always another reason to come back to Maritime Museum San Diego. Family Day at Maritime Museum of San Diego is fun because kids can do craft activities together with their moms and dads. Maritime Museum San Diego's Festival of Sail excites spectators with a live cannon battle! Tall ships and vessels from around the world gather in San Diego so that visitors can see them and explore the inner workings of these incredible ships.
- Private Events: Have your corporate party, theme party or waterfront wedding or reception at Maritime Museum. You and your guests will remember such a unique venue, complete with professional event staff to ensure that your event is a big success. Maritime Museum San Diego can be the setting for a Scattering of Ashes event for those who've lost a loved one. Or, does your kid want to have a pirate party? You can have your child's birthday party at San Diego Maritime Museum.
- Sailing Adventures: Go on the Adventure Sail with Maritime Museum San Diego. This fun outing with San Diego Maritime Museum happens during the day and runs for four hours. You and your family will climb aboard a ship that looks like its straight out of the history books or the movies. During your sail with Maritime Museum of San Diego, you can join in and haul a line, man the helm and participate in the cannon salute. San Diego attractions don't get much more awesome than this.
- The Vessels: Here's your opportunity to explore amazing vessels. You can actually climb aboard sailing ships, steam powered boats and submarines at Maritime Museum of San Diego. If you've ever wondered what it feels like to be on one of these water vessels, you'll get to walk through them at Maritime Museum. The world's oldest active sailing ship, the Star of India, is here. The HMS Surprise was designed to look like the 18th century Royal Navy frigate Rose and you can check that out as well.
Maritime Museum features historic ships that display both permanent and temporary exhibits on board. You can see what it was like to live and work on these vessels at Maritime Museum of San Diego. Look into the cabins where ship crew mates would sleep, walk by the kitchen and dining areas to see where they had meals and satisfy your curiosity by seeing the very small bathrooms and showers. San Diego Maritime Museum offers daily public tours so that you and your friends or family can explore this place often - and learn plenty about ship life.
Maritime Museum San Diego has public events that make for great experiences and quality bonding time with family and friends. During the Family Overnight Adventure at San Diego Maritime Museum, you and your loved ones can spend a night on the Star of India. Maritime Museum will tell you all about how the immigrants and crew lived and worked on this ship. Guests can participate in ship chores. You might raise the sail or rig a bosun's chair at Maritime Museum of San Diego. Your kids will know how to hoist cargo and sing sea chanteys like they were the original passengers on this ship after a fun day at the Maritime Museum.
- Do Take A Guided Tour: Having someone show you around the San Diego Maritime Museum makes it easier for you to get the most information.
- Don't Skip The Family Overnight Adventure: You're in for a fun family outing when you spend the night aboard the Star of India.