The Tipsy Crow
The Tipsy Crow
San Diego, CA 92101
The Tipsy Crow Information
Top 5 Things to Know About The Tipsy Crow
- History: The Tipsy Crow is located in the historic Gaslamp District in San Diego. The building was originally built in 1874 and is proudly recognized as the longest-standing bar in Downtown.
- The Nest: One of the three-level bars at San Diego's Tipsy Crow is the Nest, which originally housed firecrackers and later lead to an explosion in 1887. The Nest is now a cozy lounge complete with a green marble bar, fireplaces, pool tables and even a law library.
- The Main: The middle level of San Diego Tipsy Crow is the Main. The Main has been serving up beverages since before prohibition and now in modern day the bar is famous for mixing up its signature Salty Dogs.
- The Underground: A private stage, dance floor and brick walls make up the bottom floor at The Tipsy Crow in San Diego called the Underground. The Underground hosts live bands, performers and comedy shows.
- Comedy Show: The Gaslamp Comedy Show takes place in the Underground bar at San Diego Tipsy Crow. The comedy show hosts touring and local comedic talent sure to produce big laughs in the intimate New York-style comedy club atmosphere.
The Tipsy Crow in San Diego is located in the Spencer-Ogden building, which dates back to 1874, making it one of the most historic buildings in Downtown. While the three level bar has a classic old-fashion feel with historical features, it still maintains a hip and trendy vibe. Each level creates a unique atmosphere, as guests can find a quiet cozy spot in the law library in the Nest to sip on a cocktail, while others can let loose on the dance floor in the Underground level. Live entertainment, old-school games and lounge areas set the mood at The Tispy Crow in San Diego. Comedy shows and live music shows are performed in the Underground level as the Main bar serves up cocktails, craft beers and tasty meals.
The Main at San Diego Tipsy Crow is the level to go when you start to get the late night munchies between cocktails. San Diego Tipsy Crow serves an array of cuisine from artisan cheese boards with cured meat, bruschetta and tomato basil bisque to grilled sandwiches and jumbo pretzels. Each of the menu items go deliciously with The Tipsy Crow craft-beers and cocktail selections. Guests must try the signature San Diego Tipsy Crow Salty Dog cocktail, which is a tasty blend of vodka and fresh grapefruit juice with a salted rim or the Orange Crush, a mixture of freshly squeezed orange juice and Triple Sec and Smirnoff Orange.
- Do Check Out the Events: Underground hosts a variety of performances from live music to comedy shows, while other fun events take place like Greed is Good, in which guests can collect "crow cash" and bid at the prize auctions all night long.
- Don't Miss the Drink Exchange: The Drink Exchange is a new spin on happy hour, which takes place each night at The Tipsy Crow. Every five minutes the drink prices "crash," allowing guests to purchase their drinks at an extremely affordable low market price.
- Cover Charge: Usually $5 on weekend nights.
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Attire: Casual
- Age Restriction: 21+