Poway, CA 92064
Brigantine Poway Information+ -
Quick Facts About Brigantine Poway:
- San Diego Brigantine Poway serves fresh seafood daily.
- 2012 Gold Medallion Awards voted Brigantine the San Diego restaurant with the "Best Casual Seafood."
- San Diego's Brigantine Poway serves daily lunch and dinner in addition to Sunday brunch.
Ambiance: In keeping with its nautical name, San Diego Brigantine Poway features an atmosphere that makes you feel as though you've just stepped onto a large sailing vessel. The ship-themed restaurant presents a wooden decor that creates a charming and welcoming environment. The seafood restaurant also invites guests to cozy up in the fireplace lounge or to soak up the San Diego sun on the restaurant's outdoor patio while dining on the shrimp and crab Louie.
Why We Dine: Poway Brigantine Seafood attracts guests with its three-course menu option and nightly specials. We dine at Brigantine Poway because nearly every night of the week we can enjoy a special offer, whether it's the $2 fish tacos on Taco Tuesday or the $2-off speciality cocktails on Thirsty Thursdays. The San Diego restaurant also provides an oyster bar where guests can indulge in the Brig classic calamari strips, swordfish tacos or the Poway favorite fish and chips.
- First Catch: The early bird gets the worm, but early dining guests at San Diego Brigantine Poway get the first catch of the day! Tuesday through Thursday from 5pm until 6:30pm guests have the opportunity to order the three-course meal, which features appetizers like the seafood fondue with second courses such as the fresh catch of the day, grilled marinated swordfish or the brined pork chop wrap. For dessert, early diners have the tough task of deciding between the vanilla creme brulee and the chocolate bombe.
- Oyster Bar: Poway Brigantine Seafood features an oyster bar where you can slurp down oysters on the half. The bar also offers other tasty small seafood plates like the oyster Rockefeller's, golden fried clams, brig shrimp cocktail and jumbo lump crab cake.
- Nightly Specials: Brigantine Poway lures in guests with its nightly specials from Martini Mondays and Taco Tuesdays to Thirsty Thursdays, this seafood joint treats guests to a variety of undeniably good deals. On Sunday and Mondays happy hour lasts all night long, while select bottles of wine are half off on Wine Wednesdays.
The Local Scoop: If it's a little bit past the breakfast hour, but you're still craving some eggs and bacon, check out Brigantine Poway for Sunday brunch between 10am and 2pm. The brunch menu features breakfast options like the seafood burrito stuffed with crab, shrimp, scrambled eggs and red potatoes or the almond-coconut french twist, which is served with eggs and bacon. The menu also offers delicious lunch options such as the scrumptious crispy soft shell crab BLT and chopped chicken salad.
What We Recommend:
- Grilled Marinated Swordfish: USA Today published an article titled, "Restaurants on the Road," in which Brigantine was recognized for serving "The Best Swordfish in the World." With such recognition, it would seem absurd to dine at San Diego Brigantine Poway without ordering the world-renowned fish dish, which is served with an avocado-lime butter and your choice of two sides.
- Filet Mignon: Despite how delicious Brigantine Poway's seafood happens to be, fish isn't necessarily for everyone. If you'd prefer to avoid a seafood dish, try the bacon-wrapped filet mignon, which is broiled in a whiskey-peppercorn sauce and served with fresh veggies and your choice of mashed potatoes or chive-truffle shoestring potatoes.
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Reservations accepted
- Price: $$