640 10th Ave
San Diego, CA 92101
Lunch: Tues - Fri 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Dinner: Tues - Thur 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. Fri - Sat 5 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Sun 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Cowboy Star Information
Quick Facts About Cowboy Star
- Cowboy Star won the Orchid Award for Interior Design in 2008.
- Cowboy Star San Diego is also home to a butcher shop that sells amazing aged meats.
- Ambiance is key at San Diego Cowboy Star where you'll feel like you took a step into the Old West as you walk through the door.
Ambiance: Cowboy Star is the epitome of cowboy style. Red brick, cow skin furniture and cowboy hats accent the warm colors and rustic appeal of the Cowboy Star Restaurant San Diego. This is a San Diego restaurant both men and women will love. The rustic interior is so striking that the Cowboy Star San Diego won the Orchid Award for Interior Design.
Why We Dine: Where else can you feel like a real cowboy while enjoying fine dining in San Diego? Cowboy Star is truly unique with rustic decor, a fireplace, display kitchen and incredible food. From steak to scallops, San Diego Cowboy Star will delight with incredible flavor and aesthetically pleasing presentation. It looks like the Old West got a lot better at Cowboy Star Restaurant and Butcher Shop.
- Great Service: The staff at Cowboy Star is fantastic! They are quick, efficient, friend and go above and beyond to make sure guests are taken care of. From stiff cocktails to speedy service, the staff at San Diego Cowboy Star does a great job to ensure patrons have an excellent dining experience.
- Steak: If you like steak, you'll love Cowboy Star San Diego. With it's own butcher shop, Cowboy Star uses fresh organic grass fed beef that has unbelievable flavor. Perfectly cooked just the way you like it, the steak at San Diego Cowboy Star will amaze all carnivores. From filet to ribeye, it doesn't get better than a steak at Cowboy Star in San Diego.
- Ambiance: There aren't a whole lot of cowboys left in San Diego, but you'll feel like you walked right into the Old West at Cowboy Star San Diego. The interior is stunning with rustic accents like dark wood and leather, you'll be talking with a drawl in no time. Take a seat on the cow skin love-seat or belly up to the bar in a leather bar-stool for a western experience like no other in San Diego.
The Local Scoop: San Diego may not seem like a great place for cowboys, but looks can be deceiving. We have two country dancing bars including the popular hang out, the Double Deuce, in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter and a few mechanical bulls popping up in town. Pull on your boots and practice your two step because after a meal at Cowboy Star, you can keep the honky tonk going at a country bar in San Diego!
What We Recommend:
- 14 oz. Ribeye Steak: This is not for the faint of heart, but if you love steak, you're mouth will water for the Ribeye Steak at Cowboy Star San Diego. Cooked to perfection, this cut is tender and packed with flavor.
- Seared Sea Scallops: If you're in the mood for some seafood, don't miss the seared sea scallops at San Diego Cowboy Star. They may be known for steak, but boy can they whip up some amazing seafood. These oceanic delicacies are served with watercress, kumquats and a pecorino risotto.
- Cuisine: American
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Recommended
- Price: $$$