1298 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037
Mon - Sat 11:30am - 10pm, Sun 10:30am - 9:30pm
Crab Catcher Information
Quick Facts About Crab Catcher:
- San Diego Crab Catcher is located in La Jolla.
- Crab Catcher in San Diego serves both surf and turf.
- San Diego's Crab Catcher is open for daily dinner, lunch Monday through Saturday and brunch on Sunday.
Ambiance: San Diego's Crab Catcher is located on the serene cliffs in La Jolla with ocean views of the Pacific. Regardless of whether you dine in the dining room or outdoor patio, you'll be spoiled by sweeping views of the sparkling ocean. The indoor dining room offers romantic sunset views with a beachy decor while the outdoor patio gives way to the smell of the ocean and fresh sea breezes.
Why We Dine: San Diego's Crab Catcher treats guests to two happy hours in which they can appreciate specially priced drinks and awesome deals on tapas, oyster shooters and small plates. We dine at Crab Catcher because it features fresh seafood in addition to an oyster and sushi bar that presents even more exciting options to choose from like hand rolls and sashimi. The menu also caters to every craving and even the pickiest of eaters, as it serves both surf and turf dishes from crab legs, salmon and scallops to grilled chicken and New York steak.
- Happy Hours: San Diego Crab Catcher celebrates not one, but two happy hours! The tapas bar hosts a daily happy hour from 3pm until 9pm in which you can enjoy specially priced margaritas, domestic beers, house wines and champagne while slurping $2 oyster shooters. Happy hour also includes half-priced special menu items and tapas. San Diego's Crab Catcher also features a sushi happy hour Thursdays through Saturdays from 3pm to 9pm at the tapas bar where you can gulp down discounted beer and sake and indulge in reduced priced small plates, hand rolls and sushi rolls as well.
- Ocean Tapas Bar: San Diego Crab Catcher opens an oyster and sushi bar every Thursday, Friday and Saturday where you can treat yourself to oyster platters, nigiri, sashimi, hand rolls and speciality rolls like the La Jolla sunset roll or the King Cove roll.
- Menu Variety: Although crab is a main feature on the menu, hence the seafood joint's namesake, it's not the only menu item offered. San Diego Crab Catcher features other seafood options, such as fish, scallop, mussel and clam dishes, but also meat and poultry meals. For those who aren't in the mood for surf, just go for the turf, with dishes like the boneless short rib and the filet mignon.
The Local Scoop: Parking can get tricky in the La Jolla area especially in the evenings and on weekends, so take advantage of Crab Catcher's validated parking. Head toward the sea caves on Coastal Boulevard, and the Crab Catcher validated parking sign will be on your left saving you from the hassle of searching for parking spots.
What We Recommend:
- Crab Cake Royale: It may feel sacrilegious to dine at San Diego's Crab Catcher without feasting on crab meat so in order to stay on the safe side, order these jumbo crab cakes served with a sweet onion charred tomato relish and whole grain mustard remoulade.
- Lava Rock Grilled Oysters: Served by the dozen or half dozen, these tasty grilled mollusks are cooked with applewood smoked bacon, spinach and grana padano Parmesan.
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Accepts reservation
- Price: $$$