1007 5th Ave. #101
San Diego, CA 92101
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am-10:00pm, Friday: 11:30am-12am, Saturday: 12pm-12am, Sunday: 12pm-10pm
Crab Hut Information
Quick Facts About Crab Hut:
- San Diego's Crab Hut presents an extensive boil speciality list, which includes blue, snow, king and dungeness crab along with live lobster, shrimp, craw-fish, mussels and clams.
- If you're dining at Crab Hut with a beer loving party, ask for the Shipwreck beer flask that holds an impressive 100 oz of your choice of Bud Light, Sapporo and Yellowtail.
- Seafood at San Diego Crab Hut is served with the spice level that fits your liking and your choice of sauce such as the Cajun sensation or lemon pepper.
Ambiance: Roll up your sleeves and dive into the juicy seafood meals at San Diego's Crab Hut. It's alright to get a little crabby or fishy at Crab Hut as you snap crab legs and feast on fish n' chips. The seafood joint understands that you may make a splash while plowing through a cluster of crabs, so its conveniently supplies lobster themed bibs, plastic gloves and plenty of paper towels! This casual and carefree dining experience takes place on picnic-bench style seating creating a communal and social environment where you can crack open lobster tails and scoop out oysters.
Why We Dine: San Diego's Crab Hut offers the West Coast a little slice of Southern culture and cuisine. This Louisiana style seafood kitchen serves up spicy Cajun sauces, corn on the cob, and where would it be without jambalaya and gumbo? Along with the traditional dishes offered, San Diego Crab Hut also features seafood buckets and combos with your choice of mild to hot spicy sauces. The Crab Hut also gets extra points for serving hush puppies, the deep dried cornmeal bread, which no seafood meal is complete without.
- Cajun Cuisine: Crab Hut in San Diego serves up traditional andouille sausage and spicy craw-fish etouffee, both of which are typical Cajun meals. If it's the first time tasting Southern cooking, order the Creole style spicy jambalaya or the seafood gumbo.
- Happy Hour: Every weekday between 3pm and 7pm you can indulge in beer and wine and ridiculously low priced seafood. Crab poppers are only $3 while oysters are just $1.
- Daily Specials: During the certain nights at San Diego Crab Hut you can score a deal on food or drinks. Mondays offer $3 drafts, as Tuesday features $1 oysters and Wednesdays serves up $.50 wings. On Thursday you can dine on $5 house wine or BYOB.
- Crab Leg Combo: You can't dine at San Diego Crab Hut without trying the crab. This combo offers both king crab legs and snow crab clusters, along with corn on the cob, potatoes and garlic bread.
- Spicy Cajun Chicken Pasta: If you're not the mood for seafood, try this traditional Southern chicken sauteed with peppers and green onions in a Cajun sauce over a bowl of pasta.
The Local Scoop: Because the Crab Hut is located in busy Downtown San Diego, parking can become tricky. However you're encouraged to park at the parking structure in Horton Plaza Mall, where the shopping mall validates 3-hour parking for free, otherwise Ace valet service is near by the restaurant as well.
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Alcohol: Beer and Wine
- Reservation Policy: Reservations accepted
- Price: $$