Croce's Restaurant & Jazz Bar
Croce's Restaurant & Jazz Bar
San Diego, CA 92101
Croce's Restaurant & Jazz Bar Information
Quick Facts About Croce's Restaurant and Jazz Bar:
- San Diego Croce's Restaurant and Jazz Bar is a tribute to the owner's late husband musician Jim Croce.
- Croce's Restaurant and Jazz Bar in San Diego serves American cuisine and features live music.
- San Diego's Croce's Restaurant and Jazz Bar is located in the heart of the Gaslamp District in Downtown.
Ambiance: San Diego Croce's Restaurant and Jazz Bar includes upstairs and downstairs indoor dining in addition to an outdoor street-side patio. The indoor dining area features brick walls covered in music paraphernalia from guitars and records to photographs of jazz performers. The assorted decor takes guests on a walk through music history and for some, memory lane. Although the decor is inviting, what really attracts guests is the live jazz music that includes intimate jazz trios and big band performances.
Why We Dine: San Diego Croce's Restaurant and Jazz Bar offers an eclectic menu for daily dinner in addition to weekend breakfast and lunch menus. The breakfast menu ranges from omelets to homemade croissants while the lunch menu serves sandwiches, salads and burgers. The dinner menu at San Diego's Croce's Restaurant and Jazz Bar has a larger selection including small plates, pasta, meat and poultry dishes and a tempting dessert list as well. One of the most alluring aspects of the restaurant and jazz bar is that nightly live music is performed for the entertainment of the guests, but also as a tribute to the restaurant owner's late husband who was an American musician. In addition to the appealing menus and live music, we dine at Croce's because of the group sales and catering packages, which make planning and celebrating an event carefree and stress free.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner: It's not often that you can find a one-stop shop for dining at any time of the day during the weekend. San Diego Croce's Restaurant and Jazz Bar serves up breakfast quesadillas with scrambled eggs first thing in the morning, spicy tuna melts for a midday lunch and pasta, fish and poultry dishes for supper on Saturday and Sunday. The restaurant is also exclusively open for dinner during the weekdays.
- Jazz Bar: In honor of the owner's late husband singer songwriter Jim Croce, San Diego Croce's features a jazz bar that hosts live music every night of the week and performances during Sunday brunch. Saxophones buzz and guitarists wail on stage charming guests while they dine.
- Group Sales: San Diego Croce's Restaurant and Lounge offers group packages featuring catered menus, private entertainment and intimate dining spaces to accommodate your next occasion or group gathering. Croce's staff is more than happy to cater to your needs to ensure that your event runs smoothly and flawlessly.
The Local Scoop: Although nightly live jazz music is hard to beat, the Gaslamp District is home to various other music venues worth checking out after feasting and tapping your feet at San Diego Croce's Restaurant and Jazz Bar. The Gaslamp District is also the must-see location for other night clubs, bars and comedy clubs within walking distance of the restaurant.
What We Recommend:
- Grilled Free-Range Chicken with Forest Mushroom Risotto: The name is a mouthful and so is the meal. This delicious concoction is served with asparagus in a rosemary vodka sauce with fried leeks. The chef recommends pairing this poultry dish with the St. Clement, Chardonnay, Carneros.
- Wild Mushroom Potato “Lasagna”: This is not your ordinary lasagna as this cuisine with a twist is prepared with smoked heirloom tomatoes, lemon ricotta, goat cheese and asparagus with a fresh basil mint pesto and a spicy tomato coulis with a kick. The Peachy Canyon, Zinfandel, California is a suggested wine to pair with this dish.
- Cuisine: American
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Accepts reservations
- Price: $$$