Currant American Brasserie
140 W Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
Mon - Fri 11:30am - 10pm, Sat & Sun 9am - 10pm
Currant American Brasserie Information
Quick Facts About Currant American Brasserie:
- Currant American Brassiere is open for weekend brunch, lunch and dinner while also hosting two nightly happy hours each day.
- The French American restaurant has indoor dining and an outdoor sidewalk patio where you can dine while watching the Downtown San Diego nightlife go by.
- In keeping with the French flair, San Diego Currant American Brasserie bar serves up absinthe, which gained popularity in France during the early 20th-century.
Ambiance: San Diego Currant American Brasserie gives you the feeling of having stepped back in time into a classic French bistro complete with marble top tables and checked tiled floors.The inspiration for this American French eatery was derived from the early French brasseries, which were diners that were similar to breweries. These brasseries began during the French Revolution as chefs began experiencing with their culinary talents and pairing their meals with beer and wine. Currant American Brasserie in San Diego is a modernized version of those traditional French cafes featuring upscale dining in a casual and comfortable setting with antique seating and chandeliers.
Why We Dine: San Diego's Currant American Brasserie features the perfect blend of French class and the comfort of a home cooked meal. The brasserie creates an elegant and French twist on traditional American meals by adding wild mushroom confit and Fontina cheese to the otherwise ordinary grilled cheese sandwich and caramelized onions, Gruyere cheese and thyme fries to the brasserie burger.
- Weekend Brunch: San Diego Currant American Brasserie provides a separate brunch menu for Saturday and Sunday between 9:30am and 2:30pm. The restaurant serves up a "sweet" section on the menu consisting of almond french toast and buttermilk pancakes in addition to a "savory" portion offering hanger steak and hash and eggs Benedict.
- Two Happy Hours: As if one Happy Hour wasn't great enough, San Diego Currant American Brasserie hosts two nightly Happy Hours, one between 4pm and 7pm and another from 9pm until close. Not only are the beer, cocktails and wine served at reduced prices, but also various meals from the menu such as the mac and cheese and beercan chicken sliders.
- Popcorn of the Moment: San Diego's Currant American Brasserie is known for its obscure yet strangely addictive popcorn pairings. Sometimes the chef tops off a fresh batch of buttery popcorn with ham and Gruyere cheese and other times it's Parmesan cheese and truffles.
The Local Scoop: Parking can be a nuisance in Downtown San Diego but if you don't mind a short hike, Horton Plaza Shopping Mall is just under half a mile away and provides plenty of parking spaces.
- Moules Frites: Everyone will be impressed by your French accent if you can properly pronounce this house speciality. A unique combination of mussels and french fries, this traditional French cuisine is served with your choice of French curry or white wine, tomatoes and shallots.
- Garlic and Chive Tots: These aren't the bland tater tots you were served up in the grade school cafeteria, instead these savory deep-fried potatoes are served with habanero ketchup and chive buttermilk ranch.
- Cuisine: American and French
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Reservations accepted
- Price: $$