Dobson's Bar & Restaurant
Dobson's Bar & Restaurant
San Diego, CA 92101
Dobson's Bar & Restaurant Information+ -
Quick Facts About Dobson's Bar and Restaurant:
- San Diego Dobson's Bar and Restaurant is located in the Gaslamp District.
- Dobson's Bar and Restaurant in San Diego is owned by and named after American professional bullfighter Paul Dobson.
- San Diego's Dobson's Bar and Restaurant serves Californian cuisine with Italian, Spanish, French and Asian influences.
Ambiance: Wood-paneled walls, stained glass windows and plaques engraved with regulars' names are signature features at San Diego Dobson's Bar and Restaurant. However, the lunchtime clientele is what really creates the atmosphere as the San Diego politicos, lawyers, NBC staffers and the City Hall crowd gather in their power suites and ties to dine on Dobson's bar room burgers. The bar area is uniquely still set in the imported mahogany and tiger oak from England that was designed in 1913 as part of the Spreckels Theater buffet, which was the original establishment in 1913.
Why We Dine: The prix fixe menu at San Diego Dobson's Restaurant and Bar is convenient for guests who don't want to be overwhelmed with choices or prices. The prix fixe menu offers a little bit of everything with its limited menu of appetizers, entrees and desserts for you to choose from at a specific set price. Dobson's also presents a happy hour every weekday evening to help you de-stress from the work day, and for those that still look forward to dessert more than the meal, the restaurant offers an assorted dessert and after dinner drink menu.
- Prix Fixe Menu: San Diego Dobson's Bar and Restaurant provides a predetermined menu, in which you can choose your choice of a starter, entree and dessert at a set price. The current prix fixe menu features your option of Dobson's mussel bisque in croute, salade mesclun or chicken liver pate for starters, seared sea scallops, grilled salmon or 6 oz. ribeye steak for dinner and either creme brulee, cappuccino brownier or banana strudel as a dessert all for a fixed fee of $35.
- Happy Hour: Every Monday through Friday between 4pm and 6pm Dobson's bar hosts happy hour with $1.50 draft beers and $3 margaritas, which offer a sure way to kick back and unwind after a long day at work. Indulge in a strong cocktail at the historic 1913 wooden bar and let your stress melt away.
- After Dinner Dessert and Drinks: San Diego Dobson's Bar and Restaurant understands that after dinner treats are the grand finale to your meal and therefore it offers a vast selection of desserts, spirits, cognacs and cordials to top off your decadent dinner. Berry cobbler, banana foster and sorbet are a few of the sweets that grace the dessert menu while Dobson's Huevo post-dinner cocktail is an inviting combination of Spanish liquor 43, steamed milk and espresso.
The Local Scoop: San Diego's Dobson's Bar and Restaurant is just a short walk away from the Convention Center, so it's no surprise as to why it's a business mecca perfect for a pick-me up between conference meetings at the center. The restaurant is also only one block from the Civic Theater making it the ideal spot to grab a pre-show dinner or cocktail.
What We Recommend:
- Ravioli Trio: While Dobson's Restaurant and Bar serves an eclectic menu of internationally infused cuisine, this pasta dish is obviously Italian inspired with its wild mushrooms, roasted vegetables and four cheeses splashed with tomato sauce.
- Fried Oyster Salad: A delicious combination of fried oysters, cherry tomatoes, avocado and smoked bacon drizzled with a cucumber avocado ranch, this dainty salad makes the ideal addition to the seared sea bass or linguine and clams.
- Cuisine: American
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservations: Reservations highly recommended
- Price: $$$