570 K Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Cocktail lounge opens at 4 pm, Happy Hour is 4:00pm - 6:00pm Daily. Dinner Service starts at 5 pm. Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Donovan's Gaslamp Information
Quick Facts About Donovan's Gaslamp:
- Donovan's Steak and Chop House in San Diego exclusively serves 100% USDA prime steaks, which mean the United States Department of Agriculture approved the meats as having a high marbling and young maturity ratio.
- San Diego Donovan's Gaslamp features two private dining areas that are perfect for intimate celebrations or large cocktail parties. The VIP Room and Mezzanine Room are available for reservations and catering options are offered as well.
- Donovan's Gaslamp in San Diego is conveniently located just one block west of Petco Park and one block north from the Convention Center. The seafood and steakhouse is in the ideal location to have a classy dinner after a Padres game or to unwind after a conference at the Center.
Ambiance: San Diego's Donovan's Gaslamp features a private and intimate wine and dine atmosphere with rustic charm. The wait staff are dress in tuxedos, giving you an elegant and classy dining experience, while the tables are set with white table clothes and candles. Candlelit dinners are accompanied by dark mahogany panel walls and assorted wine racks. This steakhouse is a welcoming setting that offsets the casual low-key bars and restaurants typical of the Gaslamp District.
Why We Dine: Donavan's Gaslamp in San Diego is an upscale restaurant with attentive and friendly staff, which sets it apart from other restaurants in the area. The generous portion sizes and varied wine selection make this the ideal surf and turf stop in San Diego. Donovan's guests should also save room to indulge in the decadent deserts from the key lime pie to the raspberry and lemon sorbet.
- Donovan's Chilled Seafood Tower: If you're craving an under the sea creation, the seafood tower may be the meal for you as its deliciously stacked high with Australian Coldwater Rock Lobster Tail, Alaskan Red King Crab Legs, Canadian Snow Crab Claws and Mexican White Gulf Shrimp.
- Steak: You can't dine at San Diego Donovan's Gaslamp without tasting the steak, which melts in your mouth. Prime rib eye, Cajun rib eye, New York strip, prime filet, prime t-bone and bone-in rib chop are just a few of the steaks featured on the assorted menu.
- Martini Happy Hour: Every day Monday through Friday between 4pm and 6pm, San Diego Donovan's Gaslamp serves half-priced cocktails, martinis and specially priced appetizers in addition to complimentary mini steak sandwiches. Relax after a day at the office or recharge after sightseeing during Donovan's enticing happy hour.
The Local Scoop: San Diego Donovan's Gaslamp offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the restaurant if your destination is within a reasonable distance from the steakhouse. The shuttle seats up to 14 guests and features safe transportation so you can enjoy that last martini without worrying about about getting behind the wheel.
- Bone-In New York: Also sometimes called a Kansas City, this steak is a favorite at Donovan's Gaslamp in San Diego as it is served with your choice of potatoes or fresh seasonable vegetables.
- Ahi Tuna Steak: Who said your steak had to be beef? The tuna steak is sesame crusted and seared rare with vegetables, pickled ginger and wasabi on the side.
- Cuisine: Steakhouse and seafood
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Dress Code: Business or resort causal
- Reservation Policy: Recommended
- Price: $$$$