The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon
42072 5th Street
Temecula, CA 92590
Tues - Thurs 11am - 9pm, Fri 11am - 11pm, Sat 9am - 11pm, Sun 9am - 9pm
The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon Information
Quick Facts About The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon:
- San Diego's The Gambling Cowboy is located in Old Town Temecula.
- San Diego The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon serves lunch and dinner every day of the week and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.
- The chophouse and saloon is closed on Mondays.
Ambiance: Walking into The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon in San Diego you half expect to pass through a pair of traditional bat wing doors and witness can-can girls dancing and fur trappers and miners playing poker. Instead, this modern day chophouse and saloon features a slightly calmer atmosphere with rustic charm and an old timey feel. The Victorian style saloon bar and mahogany decor present an appealing ambiance to dine on steak and chops.
Why We Dine: On Fridays and Saturdays at San Diego Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon, live music is performed from 7pm until 11pm. The live performances provide the perfect background sound for your dining experience. San Diego Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon also offers long happy hours that feature specially priced meals such as the bacon wrapped scallops, cowboy mac' n cheese and steak and fries. Additionally on Saturday and Sunday mornings The Gambling Cowboy presents breakfast serving, what else, but steak and eggs!
- Live Music: Every Friday and Saturday evening between 7pm and 11 pm San Diego's Gambling Cowboy hosts live music in the Classic Saloon or on the veranda that overlooks Old Town Temecula. The chophouse features contemporary and soulful music to enjoy while you dine.
- Happy Hours: San Diego Gambling Cowboy hosts an extended happy hour special on Tuesdays through Thursdays that lasts from 3pm until close. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday happy hour is between 3pm and 6pm. The chophouse offers reduced prices on certain saloon signatures, cowboy favorites and classics.
- Weekend Breakfast: On weekend mornings, San Diego Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon serves breakfast with a variety of steak and egg options keeping with the chophouse theme. In addition to traditional breakfast meals, the restaurant boasts prime rib hash and eggs, cowboy country fried steak and eggs, and ham steak and eggs as well.
The Local Scoop: The Gambling Cowboy is located in historic Old Town Temecula, which is full of must-see historical spots and attractions. The town in the Temecula Valley is home to several museums and shops as well. Before or after dining at the Gambling Cowboy, check out the famous Old Temecula jail and learn about the town's colorful history.
What We Recommend:
- Rosemary Braised Lamb Shank: This Cabernet and fresh herb braised Colorado lamb shank served on a bed of garlic herb mashed potatoes will leave you wishing you had enough room in your belly to order a second helping.
- Ortega and Jack Prime Rib Sandwich: Considered a Chophouse favorite, this lunch sandwich is grilled Parmesan toast stuffed with oven roasted sliced prime rib.
- Cuisine: American
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservations: Accepts reservations
- Price: $$$