San Diego, CA 92101
Island Prime Information+ -
Quick Facts About Island Prime
- Island Prime in San Diego opens nightly for dinner at 5:00pm.
- San Diego Island Prime is a seafood and steakhouse.
- Happy Hour at San Diego Island Prime is between 3:30pm and 5:30pm Monday through Friday.
Ambiance: San Diego's Island Prime creates an atmosphere in which you feel as though you're dining on an island in the middle of the ocean. The restaurant is propped up on stilts over the San Diego Bay in Harbor Island giving way to sweeping views over the water of the city skyline and the Coronado Bridge in the distance. The scenic landscape paired with the restaurant's rustic charm invent the perfect spot for celebrating a special occasion or impressing during date night.
Why We Dine: It's comforting and inviting when you dine at a restaurant that presents a menu with variety. At San Diego Island Prime, you receive a vast selection of meal options that are served a la carte in addition to the chef's personal creations such as brown sugar crusted pork-chop served with an apple-pear chutney. Island Prime also serves veggie, seafood and steak dishes to satisfy whatever your craving may be from garlic herb prawn to prime bone-in rib eye. To further accommodate guests, the seafood and steakhouse provides a gluten-free menu as well.
- From the Land and from the Sea: San Diego Island Prime conveniently splits the menu into sections based on meals and appetizers from the land, sea and garden so guests can easily direct themselves to their desired choice based on whether they're in the mood for seafood, steak or veggies.
- Gluten-Free Menu: San Diego's Island Prime strives for everyone to indulge in its decadent dishes, therefore it has created a gluten-free menu for those with special dietary requirements. The gluten-free menu is packed with enticing options such as the duo of lamb, prime rib, Alaskan king crab legs and the seared tuna stack.
- Deborah's Compositions: Island Prime's Chef Deborah Scott features her very own suggestions and creations on the dinner menu, which include must-try entrees and sides such as the pan roasted day boat scallops and the garlic and rosemary crusted rib-eye.
The Local Scoop: San Diego Island Prime is located on Harbor Island in the San Diego Bay, which is home to several marinas. Before or after dining at Island Prime, take a stroll along the docks to admire the yachts sailing in and out of the harbor.
What We Recommend:
- Furikake Albacore: One of Chef Deborah's compositions, this divine dish is served with crispy avocado, asparagus, albacore tartare, yuzu kosho and bonito flake.
- A Study in Lobster: This dish is reserved for the lobster lover as it's a combination appetizer from the sea consisting of sherry bisque, lobster lollipops, lobster, brie and mango empanada.
- Cuisine: Seafood and Steakhouse
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservations: Reservations recommended
- Price: $$$