616 J Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Mon. - Thurs., Sun. 7am - 10pm, Fri. & Sat. 7am - 11pm
Jsix Restaurant Information
Quick Facts About Jsix Restaurant:
- Jsix Restaurant in San Diego serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.
- In 2011 opentable.com named San Diego Jsix Restaurant the Diner's Choice Winner .
- San Diego's Jsix Restaurant carefully chooses environmentally friendly ingredients from BSE-free meats to seafood that adheres to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program.
Ambiance: San Diego's Jsix Restaurant is a trendy spot located in the Gaslamp District. The environmentally friendly restaurant features stone walls, metal grill work and intricate flower-shape plastered walls. The hip and modern dining room is lit by handcrafted lamps and hanging lights from the wooden ceiling. San Diego Jsix Restaurant also presents an open-air rooftop bar, LOUNGEsix, where guests can view the sunset over the city or sip on a cocktail in a private cabana around the pool.
Why We Dine: San Diego Jsix Restaurant is a breath of fresh air as it strives to adhere to green practices and initiatives, serving up environmentally friendly meat, produce and other ingredients. The Jsix establishment is also refreshing in that it offers light and heavier meal options on the lunch menu so that you don't get more or less food than you bargained for. San Diego Jsix Restaurant receives additional points for its rooftop bar where you can lounge around the pool with a cocktail before dining downstairs in the restaurant.
- LOUNGEsix: San Diego's Jsix Restaurant features LOUNGEsix, which is an open-air oasis situated on top of the Solamar Terrace. This inviting rooftop terrace serves cocktails and appetizers around the poolside complete with private cabanas and skyline views.
- Environmentally Conscious Ingredients: San Diego Jsix Restaurant prides itself on using grass-fed meats, sustainable seafood, local organic produce and herbs from its very own rooftop garden. The Eco-friendly restaurant engages in green practices all they way down to recycled menus with soy-based inks and organic and bio-dynamic wine selections.
- Small Bites and Big Bites: San Diego Jsix Restaurant is accommodating toward your level of hunger as it serves big bites for the ravenous diner and small bites for the guest who tends to eat like a bird. The restaurant also presents share plates, like the artisan cheese board, which is a slightly larger appetizer that usually feeds between two and four guests.
The Local Scoop: Jsix Restaurant is located in the alluring Gaslamp District, which is known for its popular San Diego nightlife. Guests can stop by Jsix before catching a stand-up comedy show at the American Comedy Company or after jamming out to their favorite band at the House of Blues.
What We Recommend:
- Cedar-Planked Wild Salmon: This sustainable fish dinner is served with black lentils, broccoli, fried apple salad and unique blood orange Hollandaise sauce.
- Sweet Corn Ravioli: San Diego Jsix Restaurant serves up this pasta dish with melted leeks and chanterelle mushrooms topped with truffle essence. This meal is so tasty and in such high demand that its offered on both the lunch and dinner menu.
- Cuisine: American
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Accepts reservations
- Price: $$$