Top Luxury San Diego Hotels of 2013
Many factors go into the making of SanDiego.com's list of top luxury San Diego hotels. Nothing is overlooked from spa services and dining, to nightlife and on-site amenities. To be voted the best of San Diego luxury hotels, one has to stand out not only with beautiful accommodations, but also an ideal location, excellent service and unique qualities that make a stay at this hotel unforgettable.
From big name heavy hitter hotels in downtown to secluded resorts, here is SanDiego.com's list of the top luxury San Diego hotels of 2013:
- The Grand Del Mar: No list of San Diego luxury hotels is complete without mention of the infamous Grand Del Mar, located in the beautiful foothills of north county San Diego. As California's first Triple Five-Star resort, the Grand Del Mar sets the bar high for luxury accommodations in San Diego. 380 acres of lush mature trees, striking Mediterranean architecture, a premier golf course designed by Tom Fazio, an award-winning spa, a nightclub and two on-site restaurants (one of which is Southern California's only 5-Star/5-Diamond restaurant), as well as an elaborate equestrian center in the Los Penasquitos Canyon, secure this resorts' title for top luxury San Diego hotel.
- The Lodge at Torrey Pines: Nestled in the coastal pine trees of San Diego, the Lodge at Torrey Pines is located on the 18th hole of the Torrey Pines golf course. It is home to award-winning restaurant A.R. Valentien, a full service spa specializing in ocean inspired treatments, elegant accommodations and a stunning lodge dripping with rustic luxury. This hotel's unforgettable location on top of an oceanfront bluff covered in rare coastal pines is what really makes the Lodge at Torrey Pines stand out among top San Diego luxury resorts. It encapsulates the beautiful setting with rustic wood furnishings, in-room fireplaces and a decadent lodge fashioned after early 1900's architecture.
- The US Grant: This 270-room historic hotel in the heart of downtown San Diego combines old world charm with modern charisma. Located on Broadway across from the activity hub of the Gaslamp Quarter, the US Grant brings an air of sophistication to the urban downtown area. Captivating decor accented by French and Native America Indian art, high ceilings and contemporary furnishings mix flawlessly with modern amenities and high-end technology for incredible comfort, aesthetic appeal and modern conveniences. The US Grant also has a fitness center, offers spa services and is home to a $6.5 million fine art collection.
- Manchester Grand Hyatt: With one of the best views in San Diego, the Manchester Grand Hyatt is a popular destination for travelers looking to revel in the beauty of San Diego. The grandeur of it's elegant lobby and unbelievable 270-degree view from the Top of the Hyatt lounge bring an immensity of elegance and charm to this waterfront downtown San Diego resort. Guest rooms are decorated with sophisticated dark wood and rich colored furnishings. The Manchester Grand also has a beautiful outdoor heated pool and hot tub, and is home to the full service Kin Spa, featuring massage, facials and beauty treatments including hair styling, manicures and pedicures.
- L'Auberge Del Mar: Capturing the essence of the north county coastal region of San Diego, L'Auberge Del Mar is a relaxing beachfront escape. This luxury San Diego hotel has a quaint beach cabin appeal combined with luxurious accommodations, a full service spa, fine-dining and private beach access. The trendy Lobby Bar provides a healthy nightlife scene while award-winning on-site restaurant, KITCHEN 1540, introduces visitors to the bold flavors of Modern American cuisine. A stay at L'Auberge Del Mar gives guests the quintessential luxury beach vacation in San Diego with incredible dining and beautiful accommodations in a romantic coastal setting.