Top 5 Things to Know About The San Diego Padres
- Petco Park: Home of the San Diego Padres, Petco Park first opened its gates in 2004 and is one of the newest national league baseball stadiums in the country. San Diego Padres tickets are available for Petco Park where visitors can also enjoy gorgeous views of downtown San Diego and the bay.
- Tickets: Avoid waiting in line and get inside the stadium quicker by ordering your San Diego Padres tickets online. When you purchase your Padres Baseball Tickets online, you will have the option to pick them up at will call or print them out from home.
- Events: Petco Park likes to keep the atmosphere fun and frequently hosts special events such as 80s Night, the Food and Wine Festival, Dog Days and more. Fans can check the Padres calendar online and purchase their Petco Park Padres Tickets before the event or game.
- Location: Situated in Downtown San Diego, visitors to Petco Park will be in the center of some of the best restaurants, bars and nightlife this city has to offer. You and your friends can have fun exploring Downtown and the Gaslamp Quarter after a Padres game.
- Fireworks: Whether we win or lose, on scheduled nights throughout the season, fans will be treated to a grand display of fireworks after the game. Don't forget to order your Padres Baseball Tickets early for these events, since the good seats tend to sell out.
Why They’re Awesome: Over the years, the stadium and roster may have changed but the love of baseball remains the same. Many still share the excitement of going to the ballpark on a sunny afternoon to cheer on the home team, the San Diego Padres.
Petco Park offers fans many great amenities, gift shops and top notch food and drink vendors, including Anthony’s Fish Grotto, Filippi's Pizza, Hodads, Food Network Cart, Friar Franks, Choolat Gelato & Crepes, the Budweiser Patio and more. So buy your Padres tickets San Diego today and enjoy all Petco Park has to offer.
- The Players: Etched in Padres history are big names such as Steve Garvey, Dave Winfield, Randy Jones, Tony Gwynn and Trevor Hoffman. But the Padres keep bringing in young key players to keep the competition hot and stay on the map for exciting baseball.
- The Friar: No team has a more jolly team mascot than the San Diego Padres. Representing at every game, fans can catch the “Swinging Friar” dancing on the field in between innings or walking around the stadium keeping the crowd energized. Purchase your Padres tickets San Diego and if you happen to bump into the smiling Friar, don’t be shy to have your picture taken with him.
- The Pad Squad: Known for their high energy and throwing abilities, fans can expect to see the “Pad Squad” at every game. Usually on the field, the Pad Squad sling-shots Padres memorabilia to jumping fans in the stands. Dressed in Padres gear from head to toe, it’s not hard to spot the Pad Squad when they rush onto the field and the closer your San Diego Padres tickets get you to the field, the better chance you have at snagging some Padres schwag.
The Local Scoop: Many who grew up watching baseball in San Diego have fond memories from the Padres baseball team when they played at the old Jack Murphy Stadium. Now, that arena widely recognized as Qualcomm Stadium is home of the San Diego Chargers and the Padres have since relocated to new territory in the heart of the famous Gaslamp Quarter.
Since its grand opening in 2004, Petco Park has been home to the Padres and welcomes thousands of local and national fans every year. Every seat in the park offers a prime view to all the action happening on the field.
- Do Catch A Game: Whether you’re a basic fan of the sport or a die-hard San Diego Padres fan, nothing beats going to Petco Park on a nice sunny day and watching a game of baseball with good friends and family. And do not worry if you have never been to a baseball game, the game is easy to follow, the atmosphere inside the park is energetic and you can enjoy great food and cold drinks while you are there. Get your Padres baseball tickets early and catch a game.
- Do Check The Calendar: The San Diego Padres frequently host special events and parties throughout the season. Gather around your friends and family and head to Petco Park for “Kids Run the Bases,” or other fan favorites including 70s Night and Beerfest. Each month, a different branch from the military is honored during Sunday day games.
- Don’t Forget Sunscreen: During those summer day games at Petco Park, the weather can get very warm. During the day there is not much shade inside the stadium so go prepared to be sitting in the sun. You should bring a baseball cap or hat, sunglasses and sunscreen to protect you from the heat. The opposite is true for night games, don’t let the beautiful San Diego weather fool you. Night games at Petco can get chilly quickly since the park sits right next to the bay so bring an extra sweater or small blanket just in case.
- Don’t Forget To Bring A Friend: Most things are enjoyed better when shared. And the conversation and moments you spend with good friends and family at a baseball game are memories that can be shared for years. If you are planning on going to a Padres game soon, you can save time by purchasing your San Diego Padres Tickets online at SanDiego.com.