SEA LIFE Aquarium
SEA LIFE Aquarium
1 Legoland Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Daily 10am - 8pm
SEA LIFE Aquarium Information
Top 5 Things to Know About SEA LIFE Aquarium
- Birthday Parties: Kids are invited to celebrate their birthdays at the SEA LIFE Aquarium San Diego. The birthday kid can choose between a pirate themed party or underwater explorer themed party in which guests will enjoy embarking on a scavenger hunt, having their faces painted and eating a custom SEA LIFE birthday cake.
- Senior Experiences: Who said you have to be a kid to enjoy the aquarium? The San Diego SEA LIFE Aquarium offers guided tours and sea animal bingo games specifically for senior citizen groups.
- Sea Animals: The Carlsbad SEA LIFE Aquarium is home to over 4,000 underwater creatures including sharks, rays, fish, crabs and even octopuses that live in each of the 41 exhibits. Moon jellies, which are ghostlike marine creatures that have neither brains nor bones, also live at the aquarium along with the spotted eagle ray, which is the only one of its kind living on the West Coast.
- Giant Octopus: The San Diego SEA LIFE Aquarium houses a Giant Pacific Octopus. Visitors can watch the Giant Pacific Octopus solve puzzles and play with toys. Visitors will also learn about how the octopus eats and adapts to its environment.
- Ocean Journey Cafe: After a day of exploring and learning about the creatures under the sea, you've probably worked up an appetite. Visit the aquarium's on-site restaurant Ocean Journey Cafe and fill up on some macaroni and cheese and mini burgers.
Why Its Awesome: The SEALIFE Aquarium is a must-see San Diego attraction as it provides both an educational and fun experience for visitors of any age. The aquarium offers up close-views and interactions with the marine life. Instead of just viewing the sea creatures from behind the glass, visitors have the opportunity to witness demonstrations, learn about the animals from experienced staff and they even have the opportunity to touch some of the sea animals!
- City of Atlantis: This impressive exhibit isn't your ordinary fish tank. Visitors can explore the lost City of Atlantis in the 35-foot long underwater tunnel. Watch sharks swim above as tropical fish swim along side you in their 200,000 gallon tank.
- Feeding Demonstrations: Ever wonder what a seahorse eats for breakfast? Well wonder no more, as the San Diego SEA LIFE Aquarium has daily feeding shows in which visitors can watch seahorses slurp up their food and witness the divers hand feed the leopard sharks. These demonstrations are both educational and entertaining for visitors of all ages.
- Discovery Touch Zone Pool: The SEA LIFE Aquarium San Diego has a touch zone pool that mimics the tide-pools that are located in the San Diego area. Visitors learn about these creatures in their rock-pools and they can also touch and handle the starfish and crabs that dwell in these tide pools. This hands on experience is sure to leave a lasting impression on your children.
Local Scoop: Carlsbad SEA LIFE Aquarium is located on the California LEGOLAND resort, which is the home to LEGOLAND, LEGOLAND Water park and other exciting park attractions and rides. Because the aquarium is affiliated with LEGOLAND, some of the underwater exhibits incorporate LEGO structures into the water tank scenes. The kids will love spotting the LEGO models among the swimming tropical fish and sharks.
- Do Book Your Mommy and Me Under the Sea Tour: The Mommy and Me Under the Sea Tour includes a guided tour through the aquarium, an educational program, animal arts and crafts and play activities.
- Do Support the SEA LIFE Aquarium Conservation Projects and Campaigns: SEA LIFE Aquarium works to rescue, breed and protect marine life. The aquarium has had recent stories of success in seahorse breeding, sea animal rescuing and re-homing. San Diego SEA LIFE aquarium also focuses on campaigns that protect the sea turtles and fight against the whaling and shark-finning industries.
- Don't Skip LEGOLAND: The San Diego SEA LIFE Aquarium is located at the California LEGOLAND resort, so you might as well check out the impressive LEGO structures while you're in the area.
- Don't Forget About Sunny the Starfish and Friends: The kids will love Sunny the Starfish and his tide-pool friends, who each perform in the funny underwater puppet show for children.