Tao Sage Massage
Tao Sage Massage
Oceanside, CA 92008
Tao Sage Massage Information+ -
Top 5 Things to Know About Tao Sage Massage:
- Massage Techniques: Before you book, bear in mind that Tao Sage offers five different types of massage: Deep Tissue Massage, Myofascial Release, Shiatsu, Swedish Massage, and Trigger Point Therapy. Each style uses distinct strokes and methods of applying pressure and each style is most appropriate for achieving specific results. For example, Myofascial Release can assist with somatic dysfunction or restricted motion, while Deep Tissue Massage is regularly advised after physical injury. Shiatsu, a form of massage based on traditional Japanese healing, involves rolling, brushing, vibrating and grasping movements of the thumbs, fingers and palms. Instead of focusing on soft tissue, it is based on the body’s energy pathways, called meridiens.
- Pain Relief & Health Benefits: Whatever type of massage you select, you can expect dramatic health benefits. Among the most common benefits of massage are increased blood flow and circulation, reduced joint stiffness or pain, reduced scar formation, and more.
- Relaxation Benefits: Even if you’re just looking to get a massage for relaxation, you can expect the relaxing effects of your session to affect both body and mind. When you relax during a massage, your body releases more dopamine and serotonin, as well as reducing emotional stresses or tendencies toward depression.
- Location: Tao Sage is centrally located in beautiful Oceanside and within easy driving distance of I-5.
- Certification: Sitting at the helm of Tao Sage, massage therapist June Gates is fully certified by the California Massage Therapy Council.
Why it's Awesome: Most people who have experienced massage quickly agree that it feels wonderful. Fewer realize that it can deliver tremendous health benefits: both preventative and restorative. For individuals with conditions affecting the immune system, lymphatic system or cardiovascular system, massage can serve as ideal complementary care. Regular sessions of massage can improve lymphatic fluid flow and drainage, alleviate muscular tension, reduce pain, reduce scarring, alleviate constipation issues and lower cortisol levels. Finally, as it stimulates the immune system, massage may spare you your next cold!
The Local Scoop: In greater Oceanside, there are plenty of places to go for just a basic massage. However, it’s far less common to find skillful massage therapists who are trained in a broad range of massage styles. Since each type of massage has different characteristics and offers different effects, it’s well worth consulting with a knowledgeable massage therapist to determine the best modality for you. By talking with someone who is familiar with various styles, from popular Swedish Massage to deep-acting Shiatsu, you have the best chance of learning which session will benefit you most. Booking a session with Ms. Gates of Tao Sage, you can pinpoint the best massage style and then enjoy a treatment, whether for health or simply for pleasure.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do call to inquire about massage styles if you’re a first-timer. Tao Sage can help advise on which type of massage might be most appropriate for you, whether on the phone in advance or in-person.
- Don't hesitate to read up about various massage types. From the descriptions provided on Tao Sage’s website, you can get a good sense of how each treatment varies and you may form an idea of which you would prefer.
- Do call to schedule an appointment, as demand makes walk-ins impossible.
- Do talk to your primary care physician if you’re curious about the medical benefits of massage. You’re likely to be surprised at the amount of scientific research confirming its benefits.