Disney California Adventure Park
1313 S. Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, CA 92802
Daily 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Disney California Adventure Park Information
Top 5 Things to Know About Disney California Adventure Park:
- Location: Anaheim Disney California Adventure Park is conveniently located just next to Disneyland. The theme park is also located around an hour and a half away from San Diego's SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo.
- Disney Animation: When you visit Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim you can learn all the tricks of the trade and secrets behind the Disney animators and animations. Guests can tour the Animation Courtyard where original Disney sketches are displayed, or stop by the Animation Academy and receive lessons from Disney artists themselves.
- Dining at Disney: At Ariel's Grotto, you can dine with your favorite Disney princesses during Ariel's Disney Princess Celebration, while the Cozy Cone Motel serves silly cone-inspired meals such as the chili cone queso or popcorn served in a cone! There are tons of other dining options including Corn Dog Castle, Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta and the Lucky Fortune Cookery.
- Attractions: With eight different lands to explore throughout Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim, there are numerous sights to see. You must take a picture with Duffy the Disney Bear, Mickey Mouse's signature teddy bear, which Minnie Mouse hand stitched him as a gift before he went on a sailing trip. Also visit the boardwalk at Paradise Pier and try your luck at the boardwalk games, or check out the Disney Gallery, which houses Disney original sketches, models, costumes and other famous artifacts.
- Eight Lands: At Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim there are eight fantasy lands to explore. From Buena Vista Street that replicates 1920's Los Angeles to "A Bug's Land," where you can experience the world from a tiny bug's perspective, they are far away lands that need exploration. Condor Flats invites you to witness the desert landing strip and to fly aboard Soarin' Over California, the hang-glider flight simulator in which you see all the California landmarks and monuments from a bird's eye view, as Grizzly Peak welcomes you to plunge through the river rapids.
Why It's Awesome: Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim has attractions and rides that are entertaining for all ages. The park features rides suitable for children as young as preschool, while there are also rides and attractions that will interest teenagers and adults. Although some rides do have height restrictions, there are plenty of rides to pleasure riders of all ages and heights from thrilling roller coasters to relaxing Ferris wheel rides.
- Entertainment: If you're looking for some shade from the sun or a break from the exciting rides, Anaheim Disney California Adventure Park offers various indoor live performances to keep you entertained. Aladdin A Musical Spectacular is a Broadway-style musical showcasing Aladdin's adventures with the Genie that grants him three wishes while he desperately falls in love with Princess Jasmine. For some strange and bizarre fun, join the Mad T Party inspired by Alice in Wonderland's journey down the Rabbit Hole.
- Height Limit Rides: For the adults, teens and brave children of a certain height visiting Disney California Adventure Park Anaheim, there are rides that offer slightly more speed and higher thrill factors. California Screamin' roller coaster launches 120 feet into the air and whips, swoops and dips around Paradise Pier. Daring guests must be at least 48'' to ride this exhilarating coaster. If you're 40'' or taller and are looking for a fright, the Twilight Zone Tower will certainly do the trick. The creepy hotel invites guests to take the plunge in the drop tower thrill ride elevator. Other exciting rides that require guests to be of a certain height include Goofy's Sky School and the Grizzly River Run.
- Rides for All: Mickey's Fun Wheel is a ride welcoming to guests of all ages and heights as you swing along the Ferris wheel in a gondola. The Golden Zephyr is also an all-ages appropriate ride in which you soar aboard a spaceship through martian filled skies. In addition, any Monsters Inc. admirer will love hailing a Monstropolis City Cab and following Mike and Sulley's adventures through Monstropolis.
The Local Scoop: Anaheim Disney California Adventure Park is located next to the original Disneyland. Guests can purchase individual tickets for each park or purchase park hopper tickets, which allow you to visit both parks in the same day.
- Do Pack Your Comfy Walking Shoes: With eight different lands to visit in one day, you'll want to make sure you bring your most comfortable shoes so you can focus on the fun attractions and not your aching feet.
- Do Make Dinner Reservations for Character Visits: You, along with everyone else, wants to dine with the Disney princesses, so make sure you make a reservation in advance at Ariel's Grotto to guarantee your dinner spot next to Snow White and Cinderella.
- Don't Forget to Ask About Disney FASTPASS Service: Spend more time sightseeing and exploring and less time waiting in line with the FASTPASS Service, which allows you to save your spot in line while you visit other attractions at Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim.
- Don't Miss the Lockers: Purchase a locker for the day so you're not weighed down lugging around all of your belongings. Different sized lockers are available for rental on Buena Vista Street.