Six Flags Magic Mountain
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Valencia, CA 91355
Six Flags Magic Mountain Information
Top 5 Things to Know About Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Location: Six Flags Magic Mountain is situated in Valencia, California, just north of Los Angeles. The theme park is a little over two and a half hours from Downtown San Diego.
- FLASH Pass: It's never much fun waiting in line for your favorite ride, but with the FLASH Pass, you can electronically reserve your place in line while you explore the park. When it's almost time for you to jump on the ride the pass will alert you. FLASH Passes are available in Six Flags Plaza and prices vary depending on the day and season.
- Food: Having fun will certainly cause you to work up an appetite at Six Flags Magic Mountain, but you're in luck because there's tons of places to find something tasty to plow down. Johnny Rockets Express, Mooseburger Lodge and Los Cuates Mexican Grill offer hearty meals, while Goliath Goodies, Fresh Cut Fries and Cold Stone Limited serve up tasty treats on the go.
- Entertainment: Be prepared to be shocked, impressed and amazed at The Hypnotist show at the Golden Bear Theatre. Meanwhile, on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays Off With Your Head performs at the Sierra Stage, where singing and dancing is performed to Rihanna, Micheal Jackson, Bon Jovi and more. Parental discretion is advised at these shows.
- Stroller Rental: Strollers and wheelchairs are available for rent on a first-come, first-serve basis at the Stroller Rental located in Six Flags Plaza behind Guests Relations.
Why It's Awesome: Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia offers thrills for all ages, whether it's little ones getting a kick out of Slyvester's Pounce and Bounces or the teens throwing their hands up on the world's tallest and fastest stand-up roller coaster The Riddler's Revenge. The entire family will enjoy the rides at the theme park as there are calm and peaceful rides as well as scary and exhilarating rides.
- Family Rides: The Roaring Rapids provide fun for the whole family with the unexpected twists and turns in the raft ride through the splashing waves. The Sky Tower is also a family-friendly attraction, in which the panoramic views provide you with a bird's eye view of the entire theme park as well as the Santa Clarita Valley. If the whole family loves dizzy rides, the Scrambler and The Flash Speed Force are such to fulfill your every whirling, twirling, twisting and spinning desire!
- Kids Rides: Merrie Melodies Carousel is sure to entice the children as they choose their favorite horse to gallop around on, while Pepe Le Pew's Tea Party invites the youngsters on twirling teacups reminiscent of the teacups at Disneyland. The younger guests at Valencia Six Flags won't be able to resist getting behind the wheel of trucks at Taz's Lumber Company or flying first class at Yosemite Sam's Flight School.
- Thrill Rides: If you're more of the scream at the top of your lungs with your stomach in your throat kind of person then Valencia Six Flags Magic Mountain is the place for you to get your adrenaline rush. Goliath invites guests on a 26-story plunge at 85 miles per hour, while the Green Lantern offers the first vertical roller coaster in the United States. For those who are truly looking for the thrill of a lifetime, dare yourself to take a spin on Superman: Escape from Krypton, which zooms at a record breaking zero to 100 miles per hour in seven seconds! Backwards and upside down coasters with loops, spins and vertical drops are waiting for you to jump on, if you dare.
The Local Scoop: Valencia Six Flags Magic Mountain is in close proximity to several other amusement parks including Universal Studios Hollywood, which is roughly a thirty minute drive away and Disneyland in Anaheim that is just a little over an hour away in the car. Additionally, Six Flags is around two and a half hours aways from SeaWorld in San Diego.
- Do Visit When Attendance is Light: To avoid the longer lines of high season and weekends, the park suggests that guests visit during the weekdays in the summer months and any day during the winter season.
- Do Ask About Parent Swap: The parent swap service allows parents to take turns riding an attraction while the other stands with the child in a designated area and then swap.
- Don't Pack Outside Food or Drink: Unless it is baby food or special dietary food, outside food and drink are not permitted in the park. There are numerous food stands and restaurants within the park where you can purchase meals and snacks.
- Don't Forget a Light Jacket: Mornings and evenings in California tend to cool down, so bring along a sweater to ensure you're comfortable while exploring the park.