Universal Studios Hollywood
100 Universal City Plaza
Hollywood, CA 91608
Universal Studios Hollywood days and hours of operation vary by season. Opening times vary between 9am and 10am, and closing times vary between 6pm and 7pm. Please call for specific times or days.
Universal Studios Hollywood Information
Top Things to Know About Universal Studios Hollywood
- Location: Hollywood Universal Studios in California is located just north of downtown Los Angeles and nearly two and a half hours away from San Diego.
- Character Meet and Greets: The kids will love hugging and shaking hands with the characters that roam through Hollywood Universal Studios. Sponge Bob Squarepants can be found frolicking through the attractions with the Simpsons family, while Shaggy and Scooby can be seen hanging out with Curious George or the Lorax.
- Shopping: Universal Studios in Hollywood offers plenty of shops for picking up souvenirs for yourself and those not lucky enough to join you on your adventures at the park. Whether its Betty Boop, Curious George or the Simpsons apparel, toys or collectibles, there are more than ten shops to find the exact Universal Studios themed item you're in search of.
- Dining: Southern-style friend chicken, Asian fried rice or Mexican tacos, there is an eatery for whatever you may be craving at Universal Studios in Hollywood. The Flinstone's Bar-BQ serves up pulled pork and steak while Mel's Diner takes you back in time to the 1950's with its burgers and chicken sandwiches. If you're not in the mood for a full meal, stop by Popcornopolis for a snack of gourmet popcorn or Ben & Jerry's for a refreshing ice cream cone.
Why It's Awesome: Universal Studios Hollywood isn't your average theme park with the usual thrill rides and attractions. This amusement park is based on the television shows and films we all know and love creating a real life adventure through the famous scenes. There are rides and roller coasters that take you through Krustyland with the Simpsons, but also behind-the-scene tours of the studios where all the on-screen action takes place.
- Rides: The rides at Universal Studios Hollywood journey through your favorite shows and movies with the added pleasure of unexpected twists, turns and drops. Jurassic Park The Ride invites guests to take a raft tour through the raptor containment area, the Environmental Systems Building and lagoons filled with lurking dinosaurs while The Revenge of The Mummy challenges visitors to ride the roller coaster through treasure rooms filled with warrior mummies and tombs.
- 3-D and 4-D Theaters: The 3-D and 4-D films shown at Hollywood Universal Studios create real life moments as the on-screen action reaches out into the audience for larger than life experiences. The Terminator 2 features robots from the future that strike through the screen while Shrek, Fiona and Donkey seemingly pop out into the crowd during Shrek 4-D. The Transformers exhibit is a thrilling ride that combines 3-D technology and flight simulators to give guests the most realistic experience yet.
- Studio Tour: Get an up close and personal, behind-the-scenes look at the world's largest working studio. Jimmy Fallon, the host of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, is the video host of the tour that guides guests around the four acres of 13 city blocks. Guests can see the picket fences of Desperate Housewives' Wisteria Lane and the War of the World's airplane crash site. Also included in the guided tour is the award-winning King Kong in 3-D.
The Local Scoop: Universal Studios Hollywood is conveniently located near other exciting theme parks as well. It is just under an hour from Disneyland in Anaheim, and a little over two hours from SeaWorld in San Diego without traffic.
- Do Catch the Blues Brothers Show: Jack and Elwood from the film The Blues Brothers perform classic blues and soul songs from the movie at the concert venue at Hollywood Universal Studios.
- Do Visit the NBCUniversal Experience: This exhibit holds 100 years worth of famous props and wardrobe costumes from some of the biggest names and Universal films in Hollywood such as Joaquin Phoenix’s Gladiator costume and All Quiet on the Western Front production artwork.
- Don't Be Afraid: Dare yourself to visit the House of Horrors as you walk through a haunted maze as Chucky, Wolf Man, Frankenstein and other scary movie characters come alive.
- Don't Forget Your Swimsuit: The Adventures of Curious George promises a super soaked fun time as a five-hundred gallon bucket of water dumps guests with a huge splash and foam balls.
Universal Studios Hollywood Gallery