Dennis Connor's America's Cup Sailing Experience
1492 North Harbor Dr
San Diego, CA 92101
Sail sets at 2 p.m. Cruise lasts 2 1/2 hours.
Dennis Connor's America's Cup Sailing Experience Information
Top 5 Things to Know About Dennis Conner's America's Cup Sailing Experience
- America's Cup Racing Yachts: Dennis Conner's America's Cup sailing experience invites guests to step aboard the racing yachts Stars & Stripes and Abracadabra, which are both famously known for competing in America's Cup match races. Stars & Stripes competed in the 1995 America's Cup while Abracadabra sailed in the 2000 America's Cup.
- High Speeds: Every day at 2:00 pm Dennis Conner's America's Cup sailing experience rounds up Stars & Stripes and Abracadabra for a racing match on the San Diego Bay off of the North Harbor in San Diego. Passengers can board the San Diego racing yachts and challenge their opponents to some friendly competition out on the water.
- Maritime Museum Pass: Every passenger aboard the San Diego sailing yachts as part of the Dennis Conner's America's Cup sailing experience receive same-day entry into the Maritime Museum of San Diego. The Maritime Museum exhibits historic vessels, including the Star of India, the world's oldest active sailing ship.
- Mr. America's Cup: Stars & Stripes and Abracadabra were both raced by Dennis Conner. Dennis Conner is well renowned in the San Diego racing yacht world as he won four America's Cups. Having thirty years of America's Cup experience, Conner is therefore regarded as Mr. America's Cup.
- Location: Dennis Conner's America's Cup sailing experience sets sail off of North Harbor in Downtown San Diego. This picturesque dock is conveniently located within walking distance of public transportation bus stops, the trolley station and the Amtrak station as well.
Dennis Conner's America's Cup sailing experience allows passengers to feel the wind in their hair and the thrill of speeding over the water on the San Diego racing yachts. Guests have the opportunity to choose between racing Stars & Stripes or Abracadabra, both of which were sailed by the famous Dennis Conner while representing the San Diego Yacht Club at America's Cup. Passengers aboard these 80-foot San Diego sailing yachts will receive a history lesson on the yachts' pasts and information about their America's Cup races. Guests will even receive the opportunity to help rig the sails out on the water. The San Diego racing yachts will then leisurely sail along the San Diego coastline so everyone on board can take in the scenery, but at 2:00 pm the San Diego America's Cup yachts will pick up speed proving themselves as they race side-by-side along the bay.
After sailing on a piece of history, passengers on Dennis Conner's America's Cup sailing experience will be eager to learn more about local San Diego maritime. Therefore, all guests aboard the San Diego racing yachts are granted free entry into the Maritime Museum of San Diego. This museum provides a collection of ships and exhibits about the Age of Sail and the Age of Steam. Guests will learn about sailing ships, steam powered ships and even submarines while visiting the Maritime Museum.
- Do Pitch In: Lend the crew a hand and help rig the sails during this unique experience aboard one of San Diego's most famous yachts.
- Don't Miss the Star of India: As long as you're exploring historic and famous vessels, don't forget to board the world's oldest active sailing ship docked at the Maritime Museum.