San Diego things to do come in all shapes and sizes. There are lots of great things to do in San Diego for people of all ages! There are outdoor San Diego activities and fun indoor activities, as well as inland and coastal San Diego things to do including hiking, biking, kayaking, and surfing. No matter what type of San Diego things to do you are looking for, SanDiego.com is sure to have all of the details, information and the local scoop on everything you need to have a fun San Diego vacation. Check out our pick for weekly top San Diego activity!
Best Thing to Do in San Diego this February: Enjoy an entire day exploring San Diego with a Segway tour by Segway of Pacific Beach. Offering tours of Pacific Beach and Mission Beach & Bay, Downtown, and Mt.Soledad for the best views!
When it comes to things to do in San Diego some of the most enriching things to do take advantage of the outdoors. San Diego is located in sunny Southern California and enjoys some of the best weather in the entire state. Nestled on the west coast of the United States, San Diego has beautiful beaches and wonderful views to enjoy. Outdoor activities in San Diego get you out of your San Diego hotel and enjoying the beautiful surroundings unique to this great area. Outdoor San Diego activities are also often perfect for people in search of a more physically active vacation in San Diego. Here are the top 8 San Diego outdoor activities:
- Whale Watching: Whale Watching in San Diego is a seasonal San Diego outdoor activity not to be missed. See these majestic creatures in their yearly migration and also catch glimpses of sea lions, dolphins and other marine life - all with expert guides from Birch Aquarium to explain everything you see!
- Kayaking: Did you know La Jolla has Seven Caves and an Underwater Park? Well hop on a kayak and you get to explore it all! This fun and athletic way of enjoying the ocean is one of the best San Diego things to do for people who like to experience nature hands on. And the great news is you can enjoy this great thing to do in San Diego year-round.
- Snorkeling Lessons: See the wonders of the ocean with fun snorkeling lessons in the La Jolla Cove. Not only do you get to rent gear for the lesson and the tour of the cove, but you can keep the gear for the whole day to enjoy solo snorkeling as long as you want! The calm waters of the cove make this exciting San Diego activity perfect for young kids and beginners alike.
- Gondola Ride: San Diego is home to some of the most romantic things to do in California. Why go to Venice when you can enjoy a private gondola ride on Coronado Bay in San Diego? These gondola rides give you all of the romantic culture of Venice without making you leave foot from the gorgeous city of San Diego. Enjoy the tradition and magic of Venice from your own gondola on Coronado Bay.
- San Diego Harbor Excursion: If you are in the mood for more fancy San Diego outdoor activities a Flagship Cruise could be everything you ever imagined. Enjoy a lovely dinner or classy brunch on the San Diego Harbor with Flagship Cruises and Events. Perfect for a romantic evening or a fun adult get together, these cruises will charm you and give you a wonderful experience in San Diego.
- Bike Tours: Enjoy the beautiful sights to see in San Diego and get some exercise, too! La Jolla Kayak Bike Tours offer a wonderful San Diego tour that starts from Mt. Soledad and brings you all the way down to the coast at La Jolla Shores. This bike tour in San Diego is also one of the most affordable San Diego things to do!
- Golfing: The DoubleTree Golf Course by Hilton San Diego has 6,428 yards and 18 holes of pure golfer's bliss. In addition to the 18 hole course, the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort has a putting green and a short game practice facility. Enjoy the sun of Southern California and hit the links in style as part of your next San Diego activities.
- Segway Tours: If you have ever dreamed of riding one of those awesome new-age segways, here's your chance! Segway of Pacific Beach is a tour company that offers exciting Segway tours all over the city. These tours are great San Diego activities for the whole family and can give you an insider's glance at all things San Diego. Whether you are a local ready to see another side of San Diego, a leisure traveler ready to learn more about the city, or even a corporate group on a team building mission, these segway tours are a great way to see a variety of different parts of San Diego.
The compare table above shows all of the coolest things to do in San Diego. Scroll down to choose which San Diego activities look the coolest to you, or use our side navigation bar to click on categories to further help your search. Click on the above links to all of the things to do in San Diego to find more details on the San Diego activities that suit you best! And make sure to get out and enjoy the gorgeous San Diego weather at least once on your next trip to America's Finest City - you won't regret some fun in the sun doing great activities in San Diego.
San Diego things to do also come in lots of other forms: check out our SanDiego.com activities on our theme parks page and our attractions page! Or if you are looking for some great nighttime activities in San Diego, our entertainment page or our music and nightlife page might be perfect for you. No matter what types of San Diego things to do you are looking for, SanDiego.com is sure to have the insider information you need.