#1 Rated Scavenger Hunt!
#1 Rated Scavenger Hunt!
548 5th AVE
San Diego, CA 92101
#1 Rated Scavenger Hunt! Information+ -
R & D Events
One of the best ways to foster cooperation between people is to engage in creative team building exercises. There are many opportunities to do this in the San Diego area, which offers visitors many scenic attractions and a comfortable climate. R & D Events is one of the nation's leaders when it comes to planning enjoyable and creative events for all purposes.
Top Five Things to Know
- Scavenger Hunts Are Extremely Popular -Scavenger hunts are a fun and exciting activity where teams engage in friendly competition as they complete challenges. Mission San Diego, rated the top scavenger hunt in San Diego, can create such a challenge in any neighborhood, such as Coronado, Del Mar or the Gaslamp District. This event was inspired by the popular TV show The Amazing Race, so many people are already familiar with the basic rules of this type of scavenger hunt. Mission San Diego Scavenger hunts, which take about three hours, are arranged in a flexible manner, giving teams the chance to choose their own approach. Several engaging challenges are arranged, which may involve historical re-enactments or even riding a roller coaster. Points are earned based on the successful completion of challenges. The team that accumulates the most points is the winner.
- Interactive Games are Powerful For Team Building -Games are a quick way to get people to have fun while getting them involved in group activities requiring skill and creativity. R & D offers original approaches to well known games, some based on popular game shows. There is, for example, The Feud, which recreates the iconic 70s show, Family Feud, complete with sound effects and graphics from that era. Another game that everyone enjoys is Dodgeball, something that almost everyone has played in school or summer camp. Dodgeball has actually made a strong comeback in recent years, as an adult team building activity. This is a fun way for teams to compete against each other. These Dodgeball games come with a complete setup, including stadium style seating, color graphics, theme music and a professional event emcee.
- Ultimate Team Challenge is an Unforgettable Olympics-Like Event -The Ultimate Team Challenge is an event that can be considered an Olympics for an office or business. Three or four teams, composed of ten to fifteen people, engage in a series of games in a round robin tournament. Games include Tapped Out, Bulls-Eye, Stacked and Catch-up. The event culminates in a challenging race known as The Gauntlet. The Ultimate Team Challenge is a day long event that fully engages people while building enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Holiday Parties Can be Taken to the Next Level -R & D Events hosts world class holiday parties that can infuse a business with holiday spirit. Most people have become accustomed to typical corporate holiday parties and find them dull. For this reason, a special holiday party that includes a professional event DJ, full staffing with themed attire, prizes and giveaways and exciting games can be an enjoyable alternative.
- R & D Events Can be Combined With Other Events -R & D Events can integrate one of their special events with other events or activities that a business may have on its calendar. This includes holiday parties, business meetings, charity events or meal functions. This can make an existing event more exciting and memorable.
Why It’s Awesome
R & D Events has seven years experience organizing group events for one of the nation’s leading hotel companies. The following are some notable features that apply to all of their events. All R & D Events activities are based on the principles of sustainability and conserving resources. They are part of the 1% For the Planet project, where businesses pledge to donate 1% of sales to environmental causes.
The Local Scoop
San Diego is one of the most hospitable environments in which to hold an event. Whether a business is located in the area or far away, the city and surrounding areas provide a setting that is conducive to relaxation and camaraderie. Just some of the attractions that are popular in this area include:
- Beaches -San Diego is world famous for its beaches. Some of the most popular ones are Mission Beach, which overlooks the Pacific Ocean from Mission Bay Park and Coronado Beach, which is across the bay from San Diego.
- Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo -Balboa Park contains more than 1,000 acres of walking paths, gardens, museums and places to enjoy live entertainment. It’s also the home of the San Diego Zoo, one of the world’s largest and most renowned zoos.
- USS Midway Museum -This military museum contains 60 exhibits and gives visitors the chance to learn what it’s like to be on board an authentic U.S. Navy aircraft. This museum is also close to the Maritime Museum, another attraction that people interested in military and maritime history enjoy.
- Gaslamp Quarter -This is one of San Diego’s most attractive neighborhoods, known for its Victorian architecture as well as its many art galleries, restaurants and specialty shops.
Do’s and Don’ts
Here are some important tips to keep in mind when planning your event in the San Diego area.
- Do be open minded and ready for new experiences. The best team building activities often involve activities where people let go and express themselves spontaneously.
- Do be sure to leave time for exploring San Diego’s beaches and other natural attractions.
- Do research some of San Diego’s many fine hotels and resorts to find the place that is best suited for your event.
- Do encourage as many people as possible to participate in your team building event.
- Don’t come to the event with pre-conceived notions of how it should turn out.
- Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit, as there are plenty of opportunities to sunbath or get in the water in San Diego.
- Don’t think of the event as a work-related ordeal but as a chance to build relationships and team spirit.