My Mother's Day Gift Ideas
I can’t lie. Mother’s Day has always been a holiday rife with stress for me. When my mom was alive, I never knew what to get for her on Mother's Day.
Since I became a mother, 16 years ago, the holiday has been strange because it was thought of by people in my world as a “Hallmark” holiday, and therefore not hugely respected. I always wanted a gift to acknowledge the day…maybe because I love gifts, maybe because it’s not easy being a mom sometimes, who knows. But it’s never been a day I wake up and look forward to.
This year, in light of the fact that I have no idea what I’m doing for Mother’s Day, I decided to write my gift wish list, and maybe give someone else a few great ideas for the mom’s in their lives.
As in the Sound of Music... “These are a few of my favorite things….
1. Armonia Skincare Facial: Located in La Jolla, this is one of my favorite day spas. Owned by Danielle Kindley, it was her dream to open a place with the pampering of a spa matched with a skincare clinic able to provide people with medical. grade results. This year Armonia is offering a $49 customized facial for Mother’s day. Run, don’t walk, because facials at Armonia normally average $100. Mom will look ten years younger. She’ll love you for that.
2. World Market Lounge Wear: I was in this store the other day and shocked at the number of fantastic and inexpensive gifts. They had one of the best selections of beautiful cotton robes and pjs. Not where you would normally think of to shop for these, but they were very high quality and unique. I recommend you check this place out.
3. Anjela Piccard Jewelry: This is a local jewelry artist whose work I’ve been craving. My newest lust is for a large statement necklace, something I could wear with a tank top. If your mom travels, nothing can dress up a simple outfit and take up less space in her suitcase like an amazing piece of jewelry. Piccard’s work is truly one-of-a-kind. Everything is made from “Up-cycled” materials—steel, Lucite, brass, acrylic, and more.
4. Shoes: Right now I’m all over espadrilles. And nowhere has a better selection than Nordstrom. If you’re afraid of getting the wrong pair or the wrong size, have no fear: it’s Nordstrom, and she’ll be more than happy to get herself the perfect pair. No woman was ever unhappy getting a sexy, strappy, or even much needed new pair of shoes.
5. To be treated like a queen for the day.