Valley View Casino Center
Valley View Casino Center
San Diego, CA 92110
Valley View Casino Center Information+ -
Top 5 Things to Know About Valley View Casino Center
- History: San Diego Valley View Casino Center was originally created in 1966 as a stadium to host professional sport teams. In its early days, the Valley View Center was home to historic events, as it hosted the 1973 boxing match between Muhammed Ali and Ken Norton, in which San Diego native Norton won. Also in 1979 and again in 1981, the stadium watched as Irish miler Eamonn Coghlan broke the world record mile time.
- Tickets: Visitors can purchase tickets online, or in person at the box office located on site at Valley View Casino Center in San Diego. Ticket purchases can also be made over the phone through the San Diego Valley View Casino Center box office as well.
- Music: Over the years San Diego Valley View Casino Center has hosted numerous performances by music legends such as Led Zepplin, U2 and Jimi Hendrix. Today the concert venue still features famous music acts such as Shakira, Micheal Buble and Eric Clapton to name just a few. Artists that are geared toward a younger audience perform at the Valley View Casino Center as well, such as Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez.
- Talent and Sports: Sporting events are still occasionally held at the San Diego Valley View Casino Center including WWE Smackdown wrestling, LA Lakers basketball games and Strikeforce mixed martial arts and kickboxing tournaments. Other talented performances are presented at the center including the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus, Circus du Soleil and even the stars from the television show So You Think You Can Dance and American Idol.
- Family Shows: Valley View Casino Center features a variety of kid-friendly family shows, which are sure to keep the kids entertained all night. The famous Disney on Ice, The Wiggles and the Harlem Globetrotters are all frequently featured at the San Diego Valley View Casino Center.
In 2000, Billboard Magazine listed the Valley View Casino Center in San Diego as the number one facility in the nation for venues seating 10,001 to 15,000 seats. It's arena-style stadium is ideal for hosting various acts from concerts to basket ball games as every guest in the house gets a great view of the action. In the arena's early sports days, hockey fans could get up close and personal views of the San Diego Gulls out on the ice and audience members could have intimate views of the San Diego Sockers soccer team winning titles at the arena as well. Now the Valley View Casino Center in San Diego has proven itself as a top venue as it features unique performances in addition to sports events, from the dancing elephants in the Ringling Brothers' acts to the flying acrobats in Circus du Soleil.
The Valley View Casino Center San Diego is a prime venue because it is well rounded, featuring sports, talents and concerts, but also performances for both adults and children. The stadium strives to present 50 family friendly shows, 30 concerts, 10 sporting events and 10 miscellaneous events each year. The concerts range from artists accommodating an older crowd, such as Peter Gabriel and The Who, while artists like Kid Kudi and Shakira who may appeal to a slightly younger audience. The children in the audience certainly aren't forgotten as Sesame Street Live and The Wiggles take the stage promising excitement and laughter throughout the show.
- Do Arrive Early: Sometimes due to sold-out shows or high attendance, parking and standing in line can take a little longer than expected. Give yourself plenty of time in advance so that you don't risk missing the opening performances.
- Don't Let Your Tummy Growl: Guests are not permitted to bring food or beverages into the venue, however there are plenty of concession stands located throughout the stadium offering BBQ, pizza, pretzels, nachos and more to satisfy your hunger.
- Cover Charge: Varies
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Attire: Casual
- Age Restriction: All Ages