San Diego, CA 92101
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30AM-2:30PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 6:30AM-2:30PM
Grant Grill Information+ -
Quick Facts About Grant Grill:
- Simple and Elegant: Grant Grill focuses on comfort food elevated to a culinary art form through the use of fresh, local produce including Pacific seafood, fresh fruits and wild foraged mushrooms.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Brunch: Start with the Power Breakfast featuring egg whites and kale, or try the hearty Grant Breakfast. The lunch menu features salads, a daily soup selection and sandwiches. At dinner, enjoy yellowfin tuna crudo or Kurobuta pork chops and finish with a selection of farm-fresh cheeses or homemade ice cream. At brunch, feast on an amazing spread that includes griddle items and homemade pastries while sipping on a specialty brunch cocktail such as the Mini Maple Manhattan or a mimosa.
- Wine and Cocktails: Beverages are taken seriously at Grant Grill, which also boasts a Wine Lounge. The lounge has its own menu and features an array of craft beers, an innovative craft cocktail menu and an award-winning wine list. One of the lounge's signature drinks was featured on the Food Network's "Best Thing I Ever Ate" television show.
Ambiance: Since its opening in 1951 the Grant Grill has been an iconic symbol of power lunches and fine food. Its elegance evokes an earlier era with mahogany furniture, crystal chandeliers, spotless linens and plush booths. This is classic dining that sets you at ease. The staff spares no effort in making sure that every meal is flawless when it comes to the food, the service and the overall experience. The Wine Lounge is decorated in an Art Deco style that recalls its previous life as a speakeasy.
Why We Dine: Executive Chef Mark Kropczynski came to the Grant Grill after a stint at several five-star restaurants, including the Encanto Hotel in Santa Barbara and the Pavilion at Four Seasons Hotel in Newport Beach. A fisherman and lobster diver, Chef Kropcyznski creates dishes that celebrate the best of American cuisine with a California twist.
- Classic Meets Modern: Traditional selections such as the mock murtle soup, a Grant Grill favorite for decades, and Cobb salad made with English cucumbers, gorgonzola and avocado, cohabit easily with spiny lobster served with sunchokes and red kuri squash.
- Something for Everyone: Whether you want a burger, a vegetarian meal, French toast or a four-course epicurean adventure, the Grant Grill has a varied menu sure to suit every taste and craving.
- Private Dining: For a special occasion, rent the private dining room that seats 12 and is perfect for any event. With a menu curated specifically for your gathering and a selection from the wine list, your dinner is guaranteed to be memorable.
The Local Scoop: Grant Grill is a San Diego institution long known as the choice for power-broking politicians, lawyers and top executives. In 1969 a group of women lawyers demanded equal access to the previously men-only dining room and the rest, as they say, is history. Today the Grant Grill is known as the place for anyone to get a great meal any time of day.
- Halibut: Locally caught and served with purple potato gnocchi, tomatoes, olives, a champagne gastrique and petite watercress. This is a dish that unites the best of coastal California in one flavorful feast.
- Mango Beignets: An exquisite concoction that transforms the classic New Orleans dessert through a tropical infusion. Served with Malibu rum sauce and crème fraiche ice cream, this is a dish to savor on a sunny day.
- Cuisine: American
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Reservations are suggested
- Price: $$$