Britt Scripps Inn San Diego
Britt Scripps Inn San Diego
San Diego, CA 92103
Britt Scripps Inn San Diego Information+ -
Top 5 Things to Know About Britt Scripps Inn San Diego
- Location: The Britt Scripps Inn San Diego is a beautiful Victorian-style boutique bed and breakfast located in Bankers Hill just a block from Balboa Park. All the most popular attractions and activities in Balboa Park like the San Diego Zoo and the Museum of Man are within walking distance of the hotel. The San Diego International Airport is just two miles away, and downtown San Diego is just minutes away. Be sure to check out the popular nightclubs and music venues in the historic Gaslamp Quarter.
- Reservations, Parking and Policies: Check-in time at the Britt Scripps Inn Hotel San Diego begins at 4pm, and you must be at least 18 years or older to book at room at the hotel.There is a $100 deposit per room, which covers any kind of damage or accidents that may occur during your stay. Nobody under the age of 18 is allowed to stay at the hotel, which means the Britt Scripps Inn is not a family friendly hotel. There is complimentary guest parking on-site, but it is limited. You may check-out on your last day as late as noon.
- Boutique Accommodations: The nine available guestrooms at the Britt Scripps Hotel in San Diego each have unique decorations and furnishings. The individual flair of each guestroom makes you feel like you are at home, but also in a different era. This boutique bed and breakfast juxtaposes antique furniture and decor with modern amenities, so you won't feel completely left out of the world around you.
- Dining: Although there are no restaurants on-site at the Britt Scripps Inn San Diego, there are plenty within a short walk of the hotel, and you will wake up every morning to a complimentary cooked-to-order gourmet breakfast. Also, every afternoon when you return to the hotel to recuperate from the day's adventures, you can enjoy delicious wines and artisan cheeses in the parlor while you mingle with the other guests in town.
- Weddings and Special Occasions: No matter what the special occasion is, the Britt Scripps Inn Hotel San Diego knows how to make your experience unique and unforgettable. They even offer all-inclusive packages that cover catering, event rental and accommodations. Your dream wedding can easily come to life at the Britt Scripps Inn.
Why It's Awesome: As one of the best small hotels San Diego, the Britt Scripps Inn provides personal attention that most large hotels can't. You will be pampered and treated like family during your entire stay at this beautiful historic hotel.
- Historic: The Britt Scripps Inn San Diego is a San Diego City Landmark. The original building was constructed in 1887 has since passed though many hands taking on a variety of roles from being a bed and breakfast to a law firm to a chiropractors office. The current owner spent roughly six million dollars renovating the place to its former Victorian glory, and turning it into one of the most unique boutique hotels in San Diego. You will certainly enjoy a relaxing vacation in San Diego when you stay at the Britt Scripps Inn Hotel San Diego.
- Amenities: The Britt Scripps Inn San Diego offers a ton of included amenities such has high-speed wireless Internet, free parking, a spacious patio and garden area as well as laundry services, business services and more. The rooms come with modern amenities like LCD flat screen televisions, DVD players and climate control.
- Bankers Hill: Bankers Hill is a really cool area of San Diego. It is situated just to the west of Balboa Park making both the park and downtown San Diego very easy to access. This rather quiet neighborhood makes it very easy to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather of San Diego, but when you want to get rowdy or see some entertainment, you don't have to go far. There are also a handful of popular restaurants within walking distance.
The Local Scoop: If you head just down the hill a ways, you will run into India Street and Washington. This small stretch is home to some of San Diego's best Mexican food and seafood as well as some really popular local dive bars. The Starlight Lounge serves the best mule cocktails you can find, and the Regal Beagle is known for its beer and grub.
- Do Have Breakfast: The complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast at the Britt Scripps Inn Hotel San Diego is one of the best things they offer. This gourmet breakfast coupled with the free newspapers will certainly give you that extra boost you need to start your day off on the right side of the bed.
- Do Leave the Kids at Home: The Britt Scripps Inn San Diego has particular rules about children. No kids under the age of 18 are allowed to stay at the hotel; however, if you happen to be planning a special event at the hotel and require accommodations for your kids, they could more than likely make some sort of exception.
- Don't Bring Fido: Unfortunately the Britt Scripps Hotel in San Diego is not a pet friendly hotel, so you will not be able to bring your puppy on this trip.
- Don't Miss the Gaslamp: Be sure to check out the Gaslamp Quarter of downtown San Diego both at night and during the day. Notice the transformation from shops and restaurants to rowdy dive bars and bumping nightclubs.