The Dana Hotel Mission Bay
The Dana Hotel Mission Bay
San Diego, CA 92109
The Dana Hotel Mission Bay Information+ -
Top 5 Things to Know About The Dana Hotel Mission Bay
- Two Pools and Two Spas: The Dana Hotel Mission Bay offers twice the fun with two outdoor pools and spas. The San Diego hotel also opens a seasonal pool bar where guests can eat and drink at the poolside.
- Kid Friendly Activities: San Diego Dana Hotel keeps the whole family in mind, as it hosts Dive-In Movie Nights at the outdoor pool, lawn bowling and bocce ball games.
- Free Park Facilities: Located next to Mission Bay Aquatic Park, the Dana Hotel is just seconds away from the park's volleyball courts, playgrounds, fire pits and bike paths. The largest man-made aquatic park in the country, Mission Bay Aquatic Park is a great place to fly a kite or take a dip in the water.
- Fairytale Wedding Spot: The Dana Hotel Mission Bay has its own waterfront outdoor wedding venue and a ballroom with 18-foot glass windows overlooking the water, which makes for the perfect destination wedding location. The Dana also provides guests with an expert staff and catering team to help make for a flawless ceremony.
- Wavehouse Athletic Club Partnership: The Mission Bay Dana Hotel guests enjoy $10 a day full access to the Wavehouse Athletic Club in Belmont Park. The gym offers group exercise classes, aquatic fitness classes, equipment and an indoor heated pool.
Why It's Awesome: The San Diego Dana Hotel Mission Bay goes above and beyond simple and standard hotel accommodations. Instead, the Mission Bay Dana Hotel is concerned with its guests' appetites and sense of adventure. The San Diego hotel offers a variety of dining locations, easy access to SeaWorld, and rental gear to better help guests explore the bay.
- Three On-Site Restaurants: The Mission Bay Dana Hotel gives guests the choice of eating at Firefly Restaurant and Bar's outdoor patio with a view of the bay, indoors in the east end of the hotel at The Blue Pearl or poolside at the Tropical Pool Bar. Each dining location serves guests Southern Californian cuisine.
- SeaWorld Accessible: The Dana Hotel on Mission Bay is the closest hotel to SeaWorld. Less than a mile away from the park, enjoy a stroll there on foot or ask the hotel about its complimentary shuttle service.
- Adventure Watersport Rentals: Mission Bay Dana Hotel guests can rent paddle boards, kayaks, wave-runners and aqua cycles from the hotel's on-site rental facility. Adventure Watersports also offers summer youth classes.
The Local Scoop: Not only is the hotel next to the Mission Bay park facilities and beach, as well as SeaWorld, but The Dana Hotel Mission Bay is also just one mile from Belmont Park. Belmont Park is best known for its historic Giant Dipper Roller Coaster, bumper cars, arcade, shops and restaurants. Also be sure to enjoy other San Diego sightseeing spots just a few miles outside of Mission Bay such as the Del Mar racetrack and fairgrounds, Balboa Park and Seaport Village.
- Do Treat Yourself to a Drink from the Tropical Pool Bar: Sip on a fruity drink under a cabana with a view of the bay water at the Bayside Pool.
- Do Barbeque on the Beach: Mission Bay provides beach-goers with barbecue pits and fire rings for cooking up some BBQ and roasting marshmallows with a view of the water.
- Don't Forget About the Bike/Walk Pathways: The Mission Bay area has paths perfect for walking, jogging, bike riding or rollerblading around the bay scenery.
- Don't Fret About Wi-Fi: The Mission Bay Dana Hotel provides guests with complimentary computer kiosks and high speed Internet throughout the lodge.