Glorietta Bay Inn
Glorietta Bay Inn
Coronado, CA 92110
Glorietta Bay Inn Information+ -
Top 5 Things to Know About Glorietta Bay Inn Coronado
- Location: The historic Glorietta Bay Inn Coronado overlooks the beautiful Glorietta Bay on the east side of Coronado Island. The hotel is a mere five minutes from the Coronado Municipal Beach and glorious Del. The gorgeous resort community of Coronado is a fantastic place for families. There is a golf course, theater, tons of restaurants and fine dining, great shopping and many flat walkways for biking around the small island. Downtown San Diego is just a short jaunt across the Coronado Bridge from Coronado Glorietta Bay Inn where you can check out popular attractions like the historic Gaslamp Quarter full of great bars and restaurants as well as Seaport Village with a multitude of specialty shops.
- Reservations and Policies: It is recommended that you book your room at the Glorietta Bay Inn San Diego online, and you are more likely to get a specialized rate that way. This popular Coronado boutique hotel has eleven special suites located in the original mansion, which are all unique and can book up very fast during the summer. Pets are not allowed to stay in any of the guestrooms or suites at Coronado Glorietta Bay Inn.
- Parking and Fees: Parking at this San Diego boutique hotel is convenient and available to guests for just $10 per night. If you would like to use one of the two nearby gyms associated with Glorietta Bay Inn Coronado, you can ask the front desk for exclusive day passes at just $7.50 per day making it cheap and easy for you to get the workout you need.
- Meetings and Groups: The Glorietta Bay Inn San Diego is the perfect place for small, intimate meetings allowing you to get straight to business in a quiet and professional yet casual atmosphere. There is an attached fully equipped kitchen for your convenience as well as a private patio and break-out room. Complimentary high-speed Internet access is also provided for your convenience.
- Complimentary Breakfast and Refreshments: Take advantage of an included deluxe continental breakfast every morning during your stay, and return in the evenings to complimentary refreshments. The Glorietta Bay Inn Coronado sets its sights on making sure your experience is top-notch and hassle-free.
Why It's Awesome: The Glorietta Bay Inn Coronado is one of the most unique hotels in San Diego. This beautifully historic bed and breakfast was once the residence of John D. Spreckels, a visionary for both San Diego and Coronado. This popular Coronado boutique hotel takes you back to better days with its Victorian decor and friendly staff. You will still enjoy many modern amenities throughout your stay, but you will also feel like you're living in early 20th century luxury.
- Historic: The mansion at the Glorietta Bay Inn San Diego was originally constructed in 1908 for John Spreckels, the man behind the development of Coronado Island and the building of the Hotel Del Coronado. The mansion had passed through various hands as both a private residence and hotel until in 1977, it was made a Historic Landmark. The mansion underwent award-winning restoration and became the Glorietta Bay Inn.
- Coronado Island: Coronado Island is a small Island separating San Diego Bay from the Pacific Ocean. The island is divided in half with the north side of the island being a United States Naval Base and the other half a gorgeous resort community. One of the best things to do on Coronado Island is rent bicycles and cruise around the many walkways lining the island's perimeter.
- Amenities: The Glorietta Bay Inn Coronado makes your comfort its personal objective. Relax after a long day in the jacuzzi, cool off in the heated pool and enjoy free high-speed wireless Internet access throughout your stay. Every morning sit down to a complimentary continental breakfast and be sure to come in for the free afternoon refreshments.
The Local Scoop: The Lamb's Players Theater in Coronado is one of the best places to catch amazing local theater and actors, as well as guest celebrities, showing their best stage performances in a very intimate setting.
- Do Bring the Kids: The Glorietta Bay Inn is a family friendly hotel offering comfortable accommodations near all of San Diego's top family activities and things to do.
- Do Hit the Beach: The Coronado Municipal Beach was voted the world's best beach in 2012, so take advantage of staying just minutes away from the fresh sand of San Diego's premier beaches.
- Don't Smoke: Given that the Glorietta Bay Inn Coronado is a historic landmark, there is no smoking in any of the guestrooms or public areas.
- Don't Bring Pets: Unfortunately for dog and cat lovers, the Glorietta Bay Inn San Diego is not a pet friendly establishment, so you will have to leave Lassie at home for this trip.