Grande Colonial La Jolla
Grande Colonial La Jolla
La Jolla, CA 92037
Grande Colonial La Jolla Information+ -
Top 5 Things to Know About Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel
- Location: The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel is situated in arguably one of the most beautiful areas of San Diego, La Jolla. Translated from Spanish, "La Jolla" means "The Jewel," and most people would agree that it lives up to its name. Besides the fantastic fine dining, boutique shops and unique art galleries peppering the bluffs of La Jolla, it also has some of the best San Diego attractions. Check out La Jolla Cove for some of the best snorkeling and local sea life or cruise over to the pristine sandy beach of La Jolla Shores for just a couple of the many unique things to do in La Jolla.
- Check-In/Out: Check-in at the Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla begins at 4pm giving you enough time to still go out for a nice evening on the town. The convenient central location of the hotel makes it easy to walk everywhere in La Jolla, and with how beautiful it is, you will want to walk. When it comes time to check-out on your last day, you have to be out of there by noon, so feel free to grab a hearty breakfast in town. We recommend Harry's.
- Parking: Unless you plan on parking your car on the street, far enough away from the 2-hour limit zones, the Grande Colonial San Diego Hotel only offers valet parking for $25 per night. We highly recommend utilizing the valet parking while you stay at the hotel because parking around La Jolla can be extremely difficult.
- Specials and Vacation Packages: If you are looking to plan that perfect San Diego getaway, then you are in luck because the Grande Colonial Hotel San Diego offers the best La Jolla Vacation Packages. They have deals including everything from breakfast to discounted suites and even three nights for the price of two! Check their website for the most up-to-date information concerning their freshest deals and vacation specials.
- Special Events: Have your special event or wedding at the oldest hotel in La Jolla. With beautiful gardens, banquet rooms, on-site catering from NINE-TEN Restaurant and unparalleled service, the Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla is the perfect venue for your next special occasion. With more than 5,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space, the Grande Colonial will be more than accommodating.
Why It's Awesome: The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel combines history with luxury to create the perfect combination of boutique luxury and excellent customer service. Besides its obviously fantastic location overlooking the cliffs of La Jolla, the Grande Colonial also boasts an award-winning restaurant, rooftop deck,heated pool, private gardens and complimentary high-speed wireless Internet.
- La Jolla: Location. Location. Location. That is the bread and butter of this four diamond award-winning hotel. La Jolla is more than just a charming town with the best restaurants and boutique shops around. It is an overall experience filled with endless family friendly activities and opportunities for romantic schmoozing.
- History: The Grande Colonial Hotel San Diego is La Jolla's oldest original hotel. After opening in 1913, this legacy of La Jolla quickly became the cornerstone of the community, and the rest of La Jolla was built around it. For nearly a century, the Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel has been a gathering place for locals, celebrities and military folk.
- NINE-TEN Restaurant: This award-winning restaurant is located inside the Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla and serves up an innovative cuisine using the freshest local products. Executive Chef Jason Knibb continues to push the boundaries and please the locals at this must-try restaurant for food lovers everywhere.
The Local Scoop: Just a short walk from the Grande Colonial Hotel is the Children's Pool, which is a small beach protected by a sea wall that was built in 1931. The idea was to create a calm beach for little kids and families to enjoy. Today, the beach has been overtaken by harbor seals and continues to be at the center of a social struggle. Besides the protesters around the beach, you can snap some memorable photos of seals as well as walk out on the sea wall for a unique experience.
- Do Bring the Kids: Kids are more than welcome to stay at the Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla. This family friendly hotel allows kids 12 and under to stay in their parents' room at no extra charge.
- Do Check the Website: Don't miss out on their ever-changing specials and vacation packages available online. Choose from a variety of options that suit your specific vacation desires and make sure you have the time of your life at the Grande Colonial.
- Don't Miss a Meal: The NINE-TEN Restaurant inside the Grande Colonial is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as brunch on the weekends. The restaurant also provides on-site catering for special occasions and even room service.
- Don't Bring Your Pets: Unfortunately the Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel does not provide pet friendly accommodations, so you will have to make arrangements for your pet prior to leaving on you San Diego vacation.