The Lodge at Torrey Pines
The Lodge at Torrey Pines
San Diego, CA 92037
The Lodge at Torrey Pines Information+ -
Top 5 Things to Know About The Lodge at Torrey Pines
- Location: The Lodge at Torrey Pines is situated right next to the Torrey Pines Golf Course on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific in north La Jolla. Set in a forest of coastal Torrey Pine trees, this resort has a private and serene feel that helps you relax and enjoy your vacation. UCSD campus is just down the street, and La Jolla Village is only a ten minute drive from the lodge. Be sure to check out the Birch Aquarium, San Diego's best aquarium, just down the road.
- Check-In/Out: Check-in at the Torrey Pines Lodge begins at 4pm, and you must be at least 18 or older to register with the front desk. There may be extra person charges applied to your stay depending on the room, however, there is no extra charge for children 17 and younger staying in their parents' room. Check-out is casually at noon on your last day at the the Lodge at Torrey Pines, so you have plenty of time to get a full breakfast before you set off on another adventure.
- Parking: The Lodge at Torrey Pines has a convenient parking garage on location, which you can self-park in for a surcharge of $22 per night. Valet parking is also available for a fee of $27 per night, but don't forget to tip the valet since he still has to sprint for your ride.
- On-Site Dining: The Torrey Pines Lodge has two fabulous on-site dining options. The Grill and Bar is a more casual restaurant adjacent to the putting green at the Torrey Pines Golf Course. This club favorite serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, and the bar is open until 10pm every day. The A.R. Valentien is the lodge's signature restaurant and serves some of the best California cuisine in San Diego. This fine dining experience is very popular among La Jolla locals, and the restaurant often puts on special events such as craft beer pairings and artisan tables. Check online for more details and upcoming culinary events at the Torrey Pines Resort.
- Special Offers: The Lodge at Torrey Pines offers vacation packages that can enhance your stay and experience at this beautiful La Jolla resort. Check their website for the most up-to-date list of special promotions, but expect to see packages including activities such as golf, spa, dining and popular San Diego attractions. They also can arrange special packages for extended stays as well as "build your own getaway" packages for many local attractions.
Why It's Awesome: The fact that the Torrey Pines Lodge is a Five Diamond Award winner says it all. As San Diego's premier luxury hotel, the Lodge at Torrey Pines offers phenomenal dining, endless amenities, family friendly accommodations and special rates. You really won't find a better place to relax and enjoy yourself on your next San Diego adventure.
- Championship Golf Course: The Torrey Pines Golf Resort is considered one of the premier golf resorts in Southern California with 36 championship holes to keep you on edge. The PGA Tour Farmers Insurance Open has been held at the Torrey Pines Golf course since 1968. It was originally called the San Diego Open, but its title sponsors have changed throughout the years. Tiger Woods has won this tournament more than any other golfer at six wins.
- Luxurious Amenities: For starters, the pool at the lodge is filled with warm saline water and is equipped with underwater speakers so you can rock out while having a hold-your-breath competition. The hot tub is situated under the gazebo with a beautiful view of the golf course, and food and drinks are available at the pool through the poolside bar. Every morning starting at 10am you can play croquet on the Arroyo Terrace, and be sure to check out the Scripps Library full of books, a big screen TV, pool table and board games.
- Spa at Lodge Torrey Pines: The spa at the Torrey Pines Lodge is unique in that it specializes treatments using natural marine and botanical essences to highlight and accentuate its location on the coast in the rare Torrey Pines forest. Check their website to see if there are currently any spa packages available before your visit.
The Local Scoop: La Jolla is "The Jewel" of San Diego, so be sure to check out the beautiful beaches and take advantage of world renowned scuba diving, snorkeling and kayaking among other fun outdoor San Diego activities in the area. Also, don't miss the many art galleries, boutique shops and fantastic restaurants just minutes from the Lodge at Torrey Pines.
- Do Bring Your Kids: The Lodge at Torrey Pines is a great family friendly resort in San Diego offering spacious accommodations and loaded amenities to create a comfortable a fun environment. Kids 17 and under stay free with their parents.
- Do Check Online: Check the website often because the Torrey Pines Resort will update its current offers and special packages, and you don't want to miss out on any opportunity to save at San Diego's best luxury resort.
- Don't Bring the Dog: Unfortunately the Lodge at Torrey Pines is not a pet friendly hotel, so you will have to make arrangements for your pets before you head to San Diego.
- Don't Smoke: The Lodge at Torrey Pines is a non smoking hotel, so you must refrain from in all the rooms and public areas.