Islands Sushi & PuPu Bar
Islands Sushi & PuPu Bar
2270 Hotel Circle North
San Diego, CA 92108
Islands Sushi & PuPu Bar Information+ -
Quick Facts About Islands Sushi & PuPu Bar:
- Pupu Platters: San Diego's Islands Sushi & PuPu Bar serves up traditional Hawaiian PuPu, which are assorted seafood and meat appetizers.
- Happy Hours: Happy Hour at San Diego Islands Sushi & PuPu Bar is between 5pm and 7pm and Late Night Happy Hour begins at 10 pm and lasts until midnight. Happy Hour specials include 2-for-1 sushi and pupu specials, well drinks and beer for $3 and additional drink deals.
- Award Winning: San Diego Islands Sushi & PuPu Bar won San Diego Union Tribune’s Reader Poll for the Best of San Diego in 2008.
Ambiance: San Diego Islands Sushi & PuPu Bar is a cozy and casual lounge located in the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Both hotel guests and non patrons can dine at this island-inspired restaurant and children are welcome as well. The restaurant's Hawaiian, Pacific Rim and Asian influences create an exotic setting complete with indoor waterfalls and salt-water fish tanks.
Why We Dine: Islands Sushi & PuPu Bar serves up an assorted menu with items including traditional pupu platters, sashimi, nigiri sushi and hand rolls. For guests that aren't a fan of raw fish, the restaurant offers fish-free dishes such as beef burgers and chicken and turkey sandwiches. These non-fish plates also come with the restaurant's signature Sweet Maui Onion Chips. In keeping with true Japanese tradition, the restaurant has a wide variety of sakes to choose from including Moonstone Coconut Lemongrass and Tozai Well of Wisdom Gingo.
- Pikake Pupu Platter: The assorted appetizer is the epitome of pupu platters consisting of gyoza, edamame, coconut shrimp, wings and egg rolls.
- Hanalei Mai Tai Cocktail: San Diego Islands Sushi & PuPu Bar's signature cocktail is a mixture of orange and pineapple juices, dark rum, and a splash of passion fruit and orgeat.
- Unique Dishes: In addition to the ordinary and traditional sushi rolls offered at Islands Sushi & PuPu Bar in San Diego, the Hawaiian/Japanese restaurant also serves up unique combinations such as the Pizza Roll, which is a smoked salmon, crab mix and cucumber roll drizzled with eel sauce and creamy garlic sauce.
- Spam Musabi: A Hawaiian favorite, this unique dish features deep fried spam wrapped in rice and Nori topped with teriyaki sauce.
- Protein Roll: This fish-packed roll is perfect for any sushi lover as it's stuffed with spicy tuna, cucumber and crab mix topped with salmon, avocado and garlic ponzu sauce.
- Cuisine: Japanese and Hawaiian
- Alcohol: Full bar, brews and sake
- Dress Code: Casual
- Reservation Policy: Reservations are not taken
- Price: $$