1540 Camino Del Mar
Del Mar , CA 92014
KITCHEN 1540 Information+ -
Quick Facts About Kitchen 1540
- Local and Organic: The seasonally-inspired menus offer a coastal harvest cuisine centered around local produce. Additionally, the herbs used in the dishes are grown on the restaurant's on-site garden.
- Dine Under the Stars: Kitchen 1540 in San Diego serves an à la minute dinner menu that’s sure to delight foodies.
- Wine Spectator Award: To complement your delectable dinner at San Diego's Kitchen 1540, the restaurant features an extensive wine selection from all over the world which earned it an award from Wine Spectator Magazine.
Ambiance: Kitchen 1540 in San Diego offers a cozy and intimate setting to indulge in the flavorful coastal harvest cuisine. The indoor dining room features contemporary styled rooms with an open presentation kitchen and walls filled with wine bottles. The outdoor patio is the ideal place to dine with the sea breezes and natural light from the San Diego sun or the romantic lighting from the stars. With lounge chairs, a fireplace, and a waterfall, the outdoor dining area is an intimate and peaceful setting to savor dinner. Guests at San Diego Kitchen 1540 also have the option of dining in the privacy of the outdoor cabanas complete with curtains and subtle lighting.
Why We Dine: With Executive Chef Nathan Lingle at the helm, Kitchen 1540’s fresh innovative menus draw local inspiration from San Diego. The Kitchen 1540 menu features mainland courses such as the Wagyu Ribeye and Jidori Chicken and coastal selections such as the Skuna Bay Salmon. Guests can enjoy Chef Lingle’s inspired menu nightly starting at 6 PM.
- Sunday Brunch: Kitchen 1540 is open for extended hours on Sundays for brunch, so guests can indulge in the Loch Duart Salmon or the Farmers Market Omelet.
- Outdoor Patio: The cozy patio invites guests to curl up under the stars and to feel the warmth of the outdoor fireplace mix with the refreshing ocean breeze while they enjoy a glass of wine and divine dinner.
- Varied Menu: There is something on the menu to satisfy everyone's taste buds from seafood dishes to pasta plates and vegetarian options.
The Local Scoop: San Diego Kitchen 1540 is located at the L'Auberge Del Mar, which is a San Diego hotel that overlooks the Pacific Ocean. The resort is not only steps aways from the beach, but also within walking distance of the shops at Del Mar Village as well.
- Wagyu Ribeye: A popular second-course, this flavorful ribeye is paired with truffle polenta, maitake mushroom and seasonal radish.
- Cuisine: Coastal Harvest
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Reservations are suggested and can be made by clicking above or by calling 858-793-6460.
- Price: $$$